Malecon Renovations

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I have not passed along the Malecon east of Lincoln for two months but did so today twice in the morning and late afternoon.

The renovation work has now been completed between Lincoln and Maximo Gomez and has started onwards towards Zona Colonial.

It has given the section from Lincoln a new lease of life with numerous joggers, bike riders and families walking with kids and push chairs. The parking areas are full with vibrancy. And it looks good and presents a new face to that part of the Malecon to add to the improvements from Club Espana going east too.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the Malecon being upgraded and wouldn't it be nice to see the part of the ZC backing onto it given a much needed facelift too.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I was happy to see the signs for the renovations of the Monumento de Fray de Anto Montesinos.  Also I've seen groups clean up the small beaches along the Malecon. But if they don't catch the trash coming down the Oazma it is just a nice exercise.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I was happy to see the signs for the renovations of the Monumento de Fray de Anto Montesinos.  Also I've seen groups clean up the small beaches along the Malecon. But if they don't catch the trash coming down the Oazma it is just a nice exercise.

Will be interesting to see if they take into consideration the cleaning up and KEEPING clean of the waterfront. Sections of the waterfront near the Ozama River are absolutely disgusting to say the least.

Probably not much they can do about the brown colored water but surely there must be a solution for the trash.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I have not passed along the Malecon east of Lincoln for two months but did so today twice in the morning and late afternoon.

The renovation work has now been completed between Lincoln and Maximo Gomez and has started onwards towards Zona Colonial.

It has given the section from Lincoln a new lease of life with numerous joggers, bike riders and families walking with kids and push chairs. The parking areas are full with vibrancy. And it looks good and presents a new face to that part of the Malecon to add to the improvements from Club Espana going east too.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the Malecon being upgraded and wouldn't it be nice to see the part of the ZC backing onto it given a much needed facelift too.

Was it clean?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Could be worse the problem with the trash, they catch a lot trash in Ozama, but is too much and some skip the traps. They are also working with the comunity buying the plastic in 2 neiborghoods and giving tickets that later they exchange for bags with food, also a 2nd. neiborghood is going to be rebuild letting continue the Avenida del puerto and moving people out from the shore of the river, and working with the industris that are part of the problem of the contamination of the river.