Skin Ailments in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
If private parts of the body are TMI, then please do not continue. For the eight years I've been living in the D.R. I have noticed all manner of skin ailments. The pharmacies have many OTC meds available for dermatological problems.

Hell, I got another one! You can see from my handle that I am male. I have what appear to be black dots embedded, fairly superficially, in my pubic area. They itch and I can feel things moving! I am going to Padre Billini hospital tomorrow to see a doctor.

But I thought that with your infinite experience, I could get a head's up . . . I've never had anything like this or heard about anything like this, so I haven't a clue.

PM me if you don't want to go pubic, I mean public. Damn! Why didn't I go to the doctor a week ago when I felt something was not right? Better late than never.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Manscaping.  An essential craft for the tropical climate.  Although sometimes if you shave too close it can lead to ingrown hairs, which can be a nuisance.  Electric clippers or shavers only, no razors in that area.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If it is Body Lice (aka crabs) there is a simple blue soap.

But I have never heard of them burrowing under the skin.
They can move all over ... eyebrows , everywhere once they get a toehold.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Consensus:

You already knew OP.

Get treated.

Good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.