Santo Domingo Reggaeton dance clubs/parties NOVEMBER Friday / Sat night

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi, i'm looking for any recommendations regarding
; Santo Domingo Reggaeton dance , maybe bachata - clubs/parties any weekend in NOVEMBER Friday / Sat night. I want a massive night for my friend's enjoyment.

Names of clubs? Club opening time/best time to be in the biggest crowd.

thanks

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
This video shows exactly how is the club scene in one of Santo Domingo's hottest places. Of course, this would be considered part of the "barrio", but in the "barrio" is where you will find the most amount of clubs that play reggaeton and dembow. Despite the place neighborhoods they are located in, these places are relatively safe, as long as you're not the kind of drunk that likes to fight people.

[video=youtube;8gVuHu3FdOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gVuHu3FdOo&t=562s[/video]

Still, i think Av. Venezuela is a safer better place to go.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I think you are much better asking for clubs that play Dembow than Reggaeton. I have never heard a young person use the word Reggaeton in the capital the home-made urban music is definitely Dembow. I would also recommend Avenida Venezuela for a massive night for your friend, you can bar crawl and hang out with the locals and its relatively safe.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Avenida Venuzuela is old news. You want to go to the clubs in Villa Consuelo. Kuora, Kapich, Pantalon. Those are the clubs that draw the huge crowds now. Avenida Venezuela is still awesome on Sunday nights.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I'm not 100% convinced I would advise any foreigner who doesn't know the city well to be going to Villa Consuelo, especially without some local Dominicans in tow. It's a very rough barrio at the best of times.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
I'm not 100% convinced I would advise any foreigner who doesn't know the city well to be going to Villa Consuelo, especially without some local Dominicans in tow. It's a very rough barrio at the best of times.

Ha! They use to say the same thing about Venezuela. Trust me he would be fine. I see people out there as white as snow and they have the time of their lives. Another club district is behind Sambil mall. Now that is a little more risky but he'd be fine there too. But its crowded and the only danger is being pickpocketed.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Ha! They use to say the same thing about Venezuela. Trust me he would be fine. I see people out there as white as snow and they have the time of their lives. Another club district is behind Sambil mall. Now that is a little more risky but he'd be fine there too. But its crowded and the only danger is being pickpocketed.

Villa Juana? Seriously, that place is so scary at night that even the moon won't come out on its own. I run a hotel so I'm around visitors to the city all the time. It's not about colour, it's about behaviour - if they go out with their cellphones in their hands, expensive clothes, jewelry, flashing large notes or trying to pay in dollars at the bar, they are easily going to be spotted as foreigners worth attacking. I still stick to my advice, if you are going to any of these barrios you do need one or two locals with you, preferably of the very large and slightly rough variety.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Villa Juana? Seriously, that place is so scary at night that even the moon won't come out on its own. I run a hotel so I'm around visitors to the city all the time. It's not about colour, it's about behaviour - if they go out with their cellphones in their hands, expensive clothes, jewelry, flashing large notes or trying to pay in dollars at the bar, they are easily going to be spotted as foreigners worth attacking. I still stick to my advice, if you are going to any of these barrios you do need one or two locals with you, preferably of the very large and slightly rough variety.

Avenida Venezuela is fine for anyone, lots of clubs and lots of people, Those other places can be hit or miss, depending on the night and frankly I wouldn't go there. Probably not safe either.