Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparent new requirement for tempoary renewals

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apparent new requirement for tempoary renewals

It seams the goal posts have been moved again.

I submitted the online renewal and was asked to submit the FBI background check paperwork with apostle from when I obtained the original visa. This originals were kept by the Dominican consulate and the company doing the checks cannot legally keep a copy longer than 30 days. Now of course there is no way to get a new one unless you return to the states and obtain a new check.

Same thing for the birth certificate.

One thing that delayed my original application two weeks ago was that I had not included the back of the cedula and the residency card. Of course the application was just denied and no reason given. TYPICAL.

There was also a popup screen which I didn't understand but it seams if you want your online application to be processed faster, that will be another 5000 pesos.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'snotba new requirement, but looks like they cannot locate your originals from your original file.

It was explained to me that with the new system, the manually check old files for consistency, and if there is something missing or inconsistent in the original file, they request it again.

3. Likes yacht chef liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I await with trepidation to see if anyone else has this problem. What a nightmare if they start making you return to your country every year!

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

There is only so much idiocy and inconvenience I am prepared to endure. If renewing residency means regular trips home, I'll just leave. I am not enamored enough with La Republica to accept that degree of a paper chase. I have options and am not afraid to pick a different one.

6. Likes slowmo, Russell liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    There is only so much idiocy and inconvenience I am prepared to endure. If renewing residency means regular trips home, I'll just leave. I am not enamored enough with La Republica to accept that degree of a paper chase. I have options and am not afraid to pick a different one.
    Yep that is why I became a citizen. No more hassles no more renewals .

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    You could of course pay overstay fees when you leave. Left for the states a week ago, paid my 4000RD and continued on my way. Took all of 5 minutes and I was leaving with a brand spanking new passport. I had my old one for them to reference my last entry but she just looked in the system and billed me off of that.
    The day may well come when they force me to have residency but until that time comes along it's all about the overstay fees for me.

9. Likes CristoRey, RDKNIGHT liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No reasons given?

Just want to comment on one thing.

When a Dominican goes to the US embassy to apply for a visa a gets denied then there is No Reason given as well. 

People should not just complain, like in the other post... When does police starts checking a night motos for taillights... ??? I guess this will happen when they will start stop most gringos here for DUI.

Compare the DR to other countries and you will be happy.

Wish everybody a nice weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonchi View Post
    It seams the goal posts have been moved again.

I submitted the online renewal and was asked to submit the FBI background check paperwork with apostle from when I obtained the original visa. This originals were kept by the Dominican consulate and the company doing the checks cannot legally keep a copy longer than 30 days. Now of course there is no way to get a new one unless you return to the states and obtain a new check.

Same thing for the birth certificate.

One thing that delayed my original application two weeks ago was that I had not included the back of the cedula and the residency card. Of course the application was just denied and no reason given. TYPICAL.

There was also a popup screen which I didn't understand but it seams if you want your online application to be processed faster, that will be another 5000 pesos.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by webmacon View Post
      People should not just complain, .....Compare the DR to other countries and you will be happy.

Very nice thought and I agree with you. Most people are still kind and pacient.
    Thank you webmacon.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by webmacon View Post
    Just want to comment on one thing.

When a Dominican goes to the US embassy to apply for a visa a gets denied then there is No Reason given as well. 

People should not just complain, like in the other post... When does police starts checking a night motos for taillights... ??? I guess this will happen when they will start stop most gringos here for DUI.

Compare the DR to other countries and you will be happy.

REALLY... SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN?

When they ask for 2 year old documents nobody ever told you to save and nobody else here has been required to show, that would cost over $1000 to return to the states to get a new one.. That's not a reason to complain???

It seams that you must work for the DGM to say such a stupid thing.

Dominicans get denied visas because they cant prove hey will return to DR. Its that simple. There is no comparison.

13. Likes drstock, Garyexpat liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garyexpat View Post
    You could of course pay overstay fees when you leave. Left for the states a week ago, paid my 4000RD and continued on my way. Took all of 5 minutes and I was leaving with a brand spanking new passport. I had my old one for them to reference my last entry but she just looked in the system and billed me off of that.
    The day may well come when they force me to have residency but until that time comes along it's all about the overstay fees for me.
    In your case the overstay option may be best, but if you plan to drive here with a license and want insurance to be valid your options are residency.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast