Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello DR1 Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello DR1 Forum

Hey Guys, my name is Jason and I reluctantly went to the Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic with my friends and family in June. Well, I am glad I went because I had a blast. I made several new friends and even met a nice girl and went on a few dates. My sister and I wanted to go back as soon as we landed.

I have many questions about the DR and I am hoping this forum will help

Thanks!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard.
    Der Fish

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Foshizzle my nizzle. Welcome Sorizzle.

4. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcom and go ahead with your questions.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad that you had a nice time and welcome!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jason,
    Las Terrenas is one of my favorite places in all of the DR and where I want to build my ocean front mansion on someday. I love it there. Glad you had a great time and also met a nice girl. There are some nice ones here although many many bad ones too. If she starts asking you to send money for any one of a number of calamities such as sick uncle, cousin, aunt, sister, brother or parents be aware. Or if she needs money for college or cell phone or any number of such things be aware. Gringos are targets here and are viewed by almost every Dominican as a walking ATM. Now having said that there are a number of very good women here and I happened to find a gem after going through a huge number of bad ones. So, welcome and ask whatever you want. This forum will answer and it might not always be what you want to hear, but will more likely then not, be the truth. Good luck and welcome!!

8. Likes Conchman, 2dlight, Garyexpat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Foshizzle my nizzle. Welcome Sorizzle.
    Ha, you sound like one of my co-workers who gave me this name. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueceo View Post
    Hi Jason,
    Las Terrenas is one of my favorite places in all of the DR and where I want to build my ocean front mansion on someday. I love it there. Glad you had a great time and also met a nice girl. There are some nice ones here although many many bad ones too. If she starts asking you to send money for any one of a number of calamities such as sick uncle, cousin, aunt, sister, brother or parents be aware. Or if she needs money for college or cell phone or any number of such things be aware. Gringos are targets here and are viewed by almost every Dominican as a walking ATM. Now having said that there are a number of very good women here and I happened to find a gem after going through a huge number of bad ones. So, welcome and ask whatever you want. This forum will answer and it might not always be what you want to hear, but will more likely then not, be the truth. Good luck and welcome!!
    Thanks everyone for the greetings and Blueceo, yes, she did end up asking me for money and when I told her I wanted to get to know her a little better before giving her money (met in June and planned to come back in August) she blocked my on Whatsapp. I didn't want to mention this before because I didn't want to get bashed like everyone else but it happened.

Does Santo Domingo have nice beaches or are most/if not all is rocky?

Where do you think would be another place for me to vacation by myself (39 male) that is English-speaking friendly, beaches, night life, safe, etc. I have another 2 weeks of vacation and could easily go back by myself but my friends/family wouldn't be able to go back this soon.

Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you think would be another place for me to vacation by myself (39 male) that is English-speaking friendly, beaches, night life, safe, etc. I have another 2 weeks of vacation and could easily go back by myself but my friends/family wouldn't be able to go back this soon.

Hmm? English-speaking, beaches = Sosua.
    39 male = Casa Valeria or El Rancho.

But this might not be the best two weeks.
    People might be a tad busy for a while with other things.

wbr

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

blackbeards resort in costambar, puerto plata. sounds like a perfect place for you. google it.

North Coast Moderator

13. Likes CristoRey liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast