Hello DR1 Forum

Sorrizzle

Aug 21, 2017
Hey Guys, my name is Jason and I reluctantly went to the Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic with my friends and family in June. Well, I am glad I went because I had a blast. I made several new friends and even met a nice girl and went on a few dates. My sister and I wanted to go back as soon as we landed.

I have many questions about the DR and I am hoping this forum will help

Thanks!

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Hi Jason,
Las Terrenas is one of my favorite places in all of the DR and where I want to build my ocean front mansion on someday. I love it there. Glad you had a great time and also met a nice girl. There are some nice ones here although many many bad ones too. If she starts asking you to send money for any one of a number of calamities such as sick uncle, cousin, aunt, sister, brother or parents be aware. Or if she needs money for college or cell phone or any number of such things be aware. Gringos are targets here and are viewed by almost every Dominican as a walking ATM. Now having said that there are a number of very good women here and I happened to find a gem after going through a huge number of bad ones. So, welcome and ask whatever you want. This forum will answer and it might not always be what you want to hear, but will more likely then not, be the truth. Good luck and welcome!!

Sorrizzle

Aug 21, 2017
Hi Jason,
Las Terrenas is one of my favorite places in all of the DR and where I want to build my ocean front mansion on someday. I love it there. Glad you had a great time and also met a nice girl. There are some nice ones here although many many bad ones too. If she starts asking you to send money for any one of a number of calamities such as sick uncle, cousin, aunt, sister, brother or parents be aware. Or if she needs money for college or cell phone or any number of such things be aware. Gringos are targets here and are viewed by almost every Dominican as a walking ATM. Now having said that there are a number of very good women here and I happened to find a gem after going through a huge number of bad ones. So, welcome and ask whatever you want. This forum will answer and it might not always be what you want to hear, but will more likely then not, be the truth. Good luck and welcome!!

Thanks everyone for the greetings and Blueceo, yes, she did end up asking me for money and when I told her I wanted to get to know her a little better before giving her money (met in June and planned to come back in August) she blocked my on Whatsapp. I didn't want to mention this before because I didn't want to get bashed like everyone else but it happened.

Does Santo Domingo have nice beaches or are most/if not all is rocky?

Where do you think would be another place for me to vacation by myself (39 male) that is English-speaking friendly, beaches, night life, safe, etc. I have another 2 weeks of vacation and could easily go back by myself but my friends/family wouldn't be able to go back this soon.

Thanks

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Where do you think would be another place for me to vacation by myself (39 male) that is English-speaking friendly, beaches, night life, safe, etc. I have another 2 weeks of vacation and could easily go back by myself but my friends/family wouldn't be able to go back this soon.

Hmm? English-speaking, beaches = Sosua.
39 male = Casa Valeria or El Rancho.

But this might not be the best two weeks.
People might be a tad busy for a while with other things.

wbr

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
blackbeards resort in costambar, puerto plata. sounds like a perfect place for you. google it.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
DV8,
what part of his description "(39 male) that is English-speaking friendly, beaches, night life, safe, etc.)" indicates to you that Blackbeard resort is where he wants to spend his next vacation in DR??

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
DV8,
what part of his description "(39 male) that is English-speaking friendly, beaches, night life, safe, etc.)" indicates to you that Blackbeard resort is where he wants to spend his next vacation in DR??

English speaking, to me, means where are there American, Canadian, European people who he can communicate with. Before Irma, I'd have suggested Las Terranas, now I'd say Bayahibe, Dominicus or Punta Cana.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
English speaking, to me, means where are there American, Canadian, European people who he can communicate with. Before Irma, I'd have suggested Las Terranas, now I'd say Bayahibe, Dominicus or Punta Cana.

AE, sure English speaking results in a long list of destinations within DR where the OP would have a nice vacation. I just find the blackbeard proposal a bit odd and out of line but maybe the person who suggested it thinks it is a nice place:)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is your problem with BB? it is english speaking, friendly, has nightlife, is safe and a beach is one minute walk away.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
what is your problem with BB? it is english speaking, friendly, has nightlife, is safe and a beach is one minute walk away.

What I have heard is that BB is more of a niche place and the majority of people asking for advices for a nice and fun vacation in DR will not include that place on his/her list. If you are one of those people who likes BB do not take for granted all others will do as well.

Regarding the advices: Cabarete for watersports, nightlife and Sosua for the unique beach and restaurants is what I can contribute with

Sorrizzle

Aug 21, 2017
You guys are funny...Snoop Lion ??????!!

Thanks, I am like a sponge right now and will Google some of those towns mentioned. I love the Domican and want to go back. I had my Spanish teacher from high school which made it easier last time.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
You guys are funny...Snoop Lion ������!!

Thanks, I am like a sponge right now and will Google some of those towns mentioned. I love the Domican and want to go back. I had my Spanish teacher from high school which made it easier last time.

Hmmm... can you say statute of limitations?