Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hello DR1 Forum

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    I don't mean no harm, but it yanks my nads when travellers go to foreign countries and look for "english friendly" environs. Go to mall of americas ferchissakes!.
    In another country, don't bring your yank or euro attitudes, and act like a total putz. Do some research before you leave teaneck, NJ. Learn some common phrases. Trying to get your point across by talking slooowly in english, is not a good look.
    Not pointing a finger directly at you, but speaking generally, because I see it all the time, and it irks me. "why don't they speak any english here?" GTFOHWTS
    ROFLCOPTERS

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    I don't mean no harm, but it yanks my nads when travellers go to foreign countries and look for "english friendly" environs. Go to mall of americas ferchissakes!.
    In another country, don't bring your yank or euro attitudes, and act like a total putz. Do some research before you leave teaneck, NJ. Learn some common phrases. Trying to get your point across by talking slooowly in english, is not a good look.
    Not pointing a finger directly at you, but speaking generally, because I see it all the time, and it irks me. "why don't they speak any english here?" GTFOHWTS
    post of the year.....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bayahibe would be a great place for you. Lots of Italian tourists who speak a little english and you're only about an hour and a half from Santo Domingo by car. Beaches are beautiful and tourist friendly with some night life as well. Great choice.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

deleted post wrong quote

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrizzle View Post
    I thought so too. I would hit the beach every day, get a drink at Eden in order to keep the beach chair and then lay in the sun, snorkel, and drink during the day. I believe there is another restaurant/bar location before Eden but I picked that place because it was nicer and the mojitos were awesome. Never had one until going to LT! The next bar going towards town served coco locos (drink in a coconut) and even the virgin one I bought for my niece was excellent. I think the food & drinks in the Dominican are better than what I can get in the US.

We had two quads in the group and some people would go shopping during the day and others go on tours but yes, almost all of us loved LT and my sister and I want to go back.
    Some people love the place.

I lived maybe half a mile along that beach towards the town in an apartment just before Hotel Alisei for a year back in 2014/2015 and I would walk all the way to Loma Bonita every day and swim at that end.

I had an American neighbor, and they are quite rare in LT, and he and his family adored the place too.

It seems LT is very much to your liking and knowing the area well, believe you found the best place to stay near the town itself, but if you really want to enjoy the place more ought to investigate Playa Bonita (which as the crow flies is just the other side of Loma Bonita, but there is not path through private property that I know of....you could kayak around the Loma). And then Playa Coson and the rest of the Samana peninsula. In my opinion having travelled around the country Samana Province has the some of the very best the country can offer. Look at Las Galeras now too and for more excitement the Dominican Tree House resort http://dominicantreehousevillage.com/ for a few days in your trip and it is great for quads, zip lines and super secluded beach and in the tropical jungle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234