Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fingerprinting for FBI Criminal Report

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fingerprinting for FBI Criminal Report

Is it possible to have fingerprinting done in the Dominican Republic that is acceptable by the FBI to issue a Criminal Background Check required for Dominican Citizenship?

I've searched but have come up with nothing.

Thye only folks I know that have dealt with the process here are Brits and Canadians.

Any input is appreciated.

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Harry myrtle beach is American and he is now a citizen. Maybe pm him?

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

3. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Is it possible to have fingerprinting done in the Dominican Republic that is acceptable by the FBI to issue a Criminal Background Check required for Dominican Citizenship?

I've searched but have come up with nothing.

Thye only folks I know that have dealt with the process here are Brits and Canadians.

Any input is appreciated.
    https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/id...summary-checks

5. Likes AlterEgo, cobraboy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I used an FBI-approved Channeler, but I don't think there are any approved here in the D.R. Once you submit your prints electronically with the channeler, by the time you return home, the FBI report is ready to print on your home or business computer. You then send them to the U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C. for certification/appostile, then forward them to the DR people at Immigration or your attorney. Takes a little over a week for this process to complete before you have them in hand to send down here.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was lucky that I still had the translation of my FBI report from my applying for the 60 day residency before getting my one year residency. I was waiting over a year for interpol report which never comes. When I asked if my FBI report would suffice they sent me upstairs to the lady that works with interpol. She was happy to take the FBI report that was well more than a year old (it did have an apostle) It took less than 2 months for my ceremony from that point. She showed me on her computer screen that the request to Interpol was put in and she was waiting for them to respond which they seem to never do. She does not have a direct number to Interpol and can only leave messages with them. I do not believe DR immigration is purposely trying to delay the process. It is just that there is a lack of communication from one department to another that causes confusion. Had they explained that Interpol is a pill and that my FBI report would suffice my ceremony would have been a year earlier.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If they need to be digitalized , then they cannot be done in the DR as far as I know

The digitalization process adds time and money .

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Been there.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    If they need to be digitalized , then they cannot be done in the DR as far as I know

The digitalization process adds time and money .
    The FBI does not require digitized fingerprints, according to the info on their website that windy posted.

I'd use a channeler, but they require fingerprints.

Many US consulates do fingerprinting, but not the US Consulate in the DR.

I called the Bureau of Diplomatic Security---I found some info that said their offices often know where this can be done---and am awaiting a callback. The gal I spoke with had no info and had to ask.

An old thread on DR1 claimed fingerprinting can be done in Santo Domingo at the Records Division of the PN, and we'll follow-up tomorrow.

I was hoping someone had first-hand experience. I really don't want to fly back just for fingerprints.

Harry got his done in the states for his residency.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a big 'IF' in my comment....

Good you don't need that....Canadians do need them.

Hope it works out for you.

I am ready for fingerprinting by the DR but am in Canada.
    I'll be flying back to sign and fingerprint....
    Just to keep the file fresh and moving.

12. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can determine that the FBI will accept ink prints taken by a foreign Police Force, and if you can get copies of the specific forms for those fingerprints, there is an office in PN Headquarters that supposedly does fingerprinting.

Palacio de la PolicĂ­a Nacional - Sede Central
    Avenida Leopoldo Navarro #402, Santo Domingo, R.D.
    Ph: 809-682-2151 / 809-685-2020
    Email: info@policianacional.gov.do

14. Likes cobraboy liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast