Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fingerprinting for FBI Criminal Report

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    If you can determine that the FBI will accept ink prints taken by a foreign Police Force, and if you can get copies of the specific forms for those fingerprints, there is an office in PN Headquarters that supposedly does fingerprinting.

Palacio de la PolicĂ­a Nacional - Sede Central
    Avenida Leopoldo Navarro #402, Santo Domingo, R.D.
    Ph: 809-682-2151 / 809-685-2020
    Email: info@policianacional.gov.do
    The form for fingerprints can be downloaded here:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/...258-1.pdf/view

The instructions on the FBI website say:

Step 2: Obtain a Set of Your Fingerprints

Your fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes. The FBI will accept FD-258 fingerprint cards on standard white paper stock.
    You must provide a current fingerprint card. Previously processed cards or copies will not be accepted.
    Your name and date of birth must be provided on the fingerprint card.
    You must include rolled impressions of all 10 fingerprints and impressions of all 10 fingerprints taken at the same time (these are sometimes referred to as plain or flat impressions).
    If possible, have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician. This service may be available at a law enforcement agency.
    Fingerprints taken with ink or via live scan are acceptable.
    (Bolding is mine) The instructions do not specify that the fingerprints must be taken by a US law enforcement person.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/id...summary-checks

Edited to add:

List of FBI approved channelers:

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/id...er-submissions

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by La Profe_1 View Post
    The form for fingerprints can be downloaded here:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/...258-1.pdf/view

The instructions on the FBI website say:

(Bolding is mine) The instructions do not specify that the fingerprints must be taken by a US law enforcement person.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/id...summary-checks

Edited to add:

List of FBI approved channelers:

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/id...er-submissions
    I have all that. I have chatted with channelers. I will use one IF I get fingerprints. I just don't want togo to the states to have them inked.

But when it comes to getting fingerprints inked outside the US the trail goes dry. Some channelers say to ask the local consulate, I have, and their website clearly states no fingerprinting.

The search continues. I'm expecting three callbacks today. I'll report the findings.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We ordered fingerprinting ink from Amazon and did them ourselves, then submitted them to a channeler. The FBI had no problem with it. Just be sure you get the right fingers in the proper places on the form, and nice clean prints. Do a couple practice runs on scrap paper.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

4. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    We ordered fingerprinting ink from Amazon and did them ourselves, then submitted them to a channeler. The FBI had no problem with it. Just be sure you get the right fingers in the proper places on the form, and nice clean prints. Do a couple practice runs on scrap paper.

I kind of figured that might work.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting...

But there is a blank on the FBI form that asks for the signature & address of the "Official Taking Fingerprints."

How did you get past that?
    Last edited by cobraboy; 08-22-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to ask the wife, but if memory serves we left that blank and submitted it to the channeler.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to ask the wife, but if memory serves we left that blank and submitted it to the channeler.

Please do, and get the name of the channeler.

Thx-

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Please do, and get the name of the channeler.

Thx-
    I'll ask when she gets home tonight. As for the channeler, it was MyFBIReport (at: MyFBIReport.com).

Keep in mind also that there's a ~$40 US charge for the channeler service. You also have to pay ~$8 US for the Dept of State to apostille the document....which is all separate. You submit the fingerprints, and once you receive the result it has to be sent to the Dept. of State for authentication. It takes a few weeks total.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll ask when she gets home tonight. As for the channeler, it was MyFBIReport (at: MyFBIReport.com).
    Those are the folks with whom I've corresponded.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

They do have a fingerprinting FAQ

Fingerprinting FAQ

Can I use any live scan location?
    No. Not all live scan locations are configured to securely transmit fingerprint information to My FBI Report. Only Preferred Live Scan Locations listed on this website can transmit your fingerprints to us.

Where can I get an FD-258 fingerprinting card?
    You may download an FD-258 (PDF) from our website and print it on standard paper. Card stock is not required. A4 paper may be used by international users.

Can I fingerprint myself?
    No.
    Fingerprints must be taken by a trained technician. You may consider having two different sets of prints ink-rolled, if the images are questionable.

How many fingerprint cards do I need to mail?
    You are required to mail 1 fingerprint card. However, it is helpful to send multiple sets of prints (not just copies of the same fingerprint capture). We choose the best fingerprint capture and submit those prints to the FBI.

What happens if my fingerprint images are rejected?
    When having fingerprints ink-rolled, be sure to have a complete set of fingerprints taken by a trained technician. If your fingerprints are rejected, you have the option to submit additional sets of fingerprints and incur additional charges each time.
    Please review the fingerprinting instructions (PDF), which illustrates fingerprints that are considered acceptable.

http://myfbireport.com/locations/index.php

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast