intro

Rmacon

Jul 31, 2016
interested in moving to Santo Domingo to live part time from us. looking for the best neighborhood to live

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Hi Rmacon, welcome to DR1 and the DR. I've been living on the Malecone in Santo Domingo since 2007 having moved from Florida. I love it here and would highly recommend looking for a place in my area, that is if you like living in front of the ocean. If not then I would recommend Piantini if you want to be in the heart of all the nightlife and restaurants. What's your age and what type of lifestyle are you looking for? Are you single? Speak Spanish? This information will help us here at DR1 to recommend the right areas for you.

The Professor

Sep 22, 2015
Been living in Evaristo Morales part-time for the past two years. It's adjacent to Piantini, and I'd say that if you want your pick of restaurants, shopping and other amenities, this is the place to be. Piantini is nicer and safer than EM, but that comes at a price. If it's outside of your budget, try to get as close as you can, but be forewarned, traffic is a hellish nightmare in this part of town. Looking at a map will give you no indication whatsoever of how easy it will be to get to where you want to go. It has taken me 20 minutes to travel just a few blocks.