gun renewal pardon period

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Such BS this pardon program, why don't they take their guns away if these people can't be responsible enough to keep them registered.  Oh, I know... It's a easy grab for cash that they wouldn't otherwise get from all these overly lazy folks who cant seem to be bothered to register each year.  This country is soooo f*^%cked up on certain things.    

They should at least put in the system that they were delinquent and the next time take the weapon away.  What's the point of giving a grace period every year?..  Cash for the Gov but it REALLY only says HEY THERE ARMED PEOPLE,  you only need to renew every 3 or 4 years and you can save you money.   

OK, rant over....    

But a heads up to anyone going in for a renewal during Sept.  IT'S A MESS with literally hundreds of people taking advantage of the PARDON PERIOD.  I experienced this last year, the process usually takes no more than 30/40 minutes but I found myself there for 4 hours, NO JOKE!..   I politely asked why there was no express line for standard renewal's and expressed that it was wrong for legal gun owners who pay annually & and are in for a simple yearly renewal to have to stand behind hundreds of delinquents vying for a new license because they were too lazy and it wasn't enforced to have a valid permit.

The great staff in there (and I mean that) had the same response to my question about having a express lane, they just politely shrugged and said "we understand" but "too bad".   

Take a book if you're going to renew in September..  

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Such BS this pardon program, why don't they take their guns away if these people can't be responsible enough to keep them registered.  Oh, I know... It's a easy grab for cash that they wouldn't otherwise get from all these overly lazy folks who cant seem to be bothered to register each year.  This country is soooo f*^%cked up on certain things.    

They should at least put in the system that they were delinquent and the next time take the weapon away.  What's the point of giving a grace period every year?..  Cash for the Gov but it REALLY only says HEY THERE ARMED PEOPLE,  you only need to renew every 3 or 4 years and you can save you money.   

OK, rant over....    

But a heads up to anyone going in for a renewal during Sept.  IT'S A MESS with literally hundreds of people taking advantage of the PARDON PERIOD.  I experienced this last year, the process usually takes no more than 30/40 minutes but I found myself there for 4 hours, NO JOKE!..   I politely asked why there was no express line for standard renewal's and expressed that it was wrong for legal gun owners who pay annually & and are in for a simple yearly renewal to have to stand behind hundreds of delinquents vying for a new license because they were too lazy and it wasn't enforced to have a valid permit.

The great staff in there (and I mean that) had the same response to my question about having a express lane, they just politely shrugged and said "we understand" but "too bad".   

Take a book if you're going to renew in September..  

They need to offer a VIP service like they have in other offices.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
VIP services = money grab from foreigners... Surprised they haven't done it