Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trouble In Apartment Complex

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Those who disrupt the ones doing the illegal activity are also thought to be in that category, by those who actually are.
    Der Fish
    Yes, 'Der Fish'-I enjoy being held hostage by criminals that are stealing from my family and devaluing my property.

No, this is a zero tolerance zone to corruption. There is no Stockholm Syndrome going on here like many of the posts in this thread.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    If you're going to stop making payments to them, I suggest you keep making them buy put it in escrow until you get the problem resolved.

I like this one - fees into escrow. But get as many like minded owners secretly on board with you first. Then all of those HOA fees into an escrow along with a letter from a good law firm sent to the current board. Money talks.

3. Likes jimmythegreek liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I like this one - fees into escrow. But get as many like minded owners secretly on board with you first. Then all of those HOA fees into an escrow along with a letter from a good law firm sent to the current board. Money talks.
    I think you guys have a good idea here-I am going to follow through with this one-thanks for your reply.

5. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Bullies and criminals expect you to give up. If they see that you and others are willing to fight for what's right, then they will eventually change. Good luck and give 'em hell.
    Problem is that it's not going to be a fight, more like a massacre. I am all for entering into a fair fight, aas sacred not so much.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Be sure and come back to share what happened

8. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Yes, 'Der Fish'-I enjoy being held hostage by criminals that are stealing from my family and devaluing my property.

No, this is a zero tolerance zone to corruption. There is no Stockholm Syndrome going on here like many of the posts in this thread.

I agree there is a lot of unfounded fear that you'll end up beaten or worse if you don't let a Dominican get away with his nonsense. The average Dominican tiguere will just try how far he can go until you call his bluff. 

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the many reasons why I never bought something here.

11. Likes jimmythegreek, RDKNIGHT, Jaime809 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I agree there is a lot of unfounded fear that you'll end up beaten or worse if you don't let a Dominican get away with his nonsense. The average Dominican tiguere will just try how far he can go until you call his bluff. 
    I've been 5 years dealing with the insanity of this BS with these people. I have seen worse battling the tax department here with their insanity and won that battle-but of course there are never any guarantees in life-LOL.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    One of the many reasons why I never bought something here.
    You are far smarter than I. No joke. I would not buy again knowing the insanity that is going on here in these apartment buildings-complete mayhem.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In my planning to move to the island, I was at first planning on buying a condo. But after speaking with many people, I decided on renting a place. Everyone told me that it was much better. If things got bad in one place, if you rent, you just leave. So glad I went with renting. Works for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast