Puerto Plata - dinner anyone?

glsmerlot

Mar 13, 2002
I am leaving for Puerto Plata in 2 days and the friend that was going with me just canceled out of fear. (?)
Another friend is trying to find a way to go with me but if not I might be traveling solo.
I cannot imagine what has my friend so shook up about traveling to DR. Does she know something I don't?

john harper

Jan 1, 2002
it could be the fear of flying,trust me their is no one on this board has a bigger fear of flying then me.Talk to the person and ask ,if the answer is yes, tell them they are not alone,Every time i go on a plane i keep telling myself these other people fly all the time.On take off i watch the flight crew,because they fly all the time ,if they don't panic neither do I. If she heard something bad about the dr, You tell her here's a guy who is afraid to fly but once or twice a year he goes to the dr so how bad can it be.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe we can have dinner necxt week. email me... We'll get a small gang together.

As for fear, of what,?? getting too much sun?

if it is of flying, like John H has said....get over it, no freakin'g rag head terrorist is gonna keep me anywhere out of fear. Screw them!!

HB

glsmerlot

Mar 13, 2002
She is not afraid of flying. One of her concerns was taking the taxi from the airport to the hotel. She was scared our taxi cab driver was going to take down a backroad rob us and leave us for dead. I just cannot figure out what has her so frightened.
Not too worry, a girlfriend came through last night I have a new travel partner and let me tell you .... this girl is a party waiting to happen!
I have no idea what to expect, we might not even leave our resort but if you hear 2 women laughing their heads off and having a great time, you'll know it's us!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Glad everything worked out for you and you got a new travel companion. Life is real safe in the N.E. Dominican Republic. I often walk alone at all hours of the night in Sosua.

Have a great time and don't worry about anything besides getting a hangover.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey there HB
If you get to having a party near here, let me know & Ginnie & I will be there. Have you tried the new Mexican place just across the road from Plaza Turisol?? We ate there last night & had a marvellous meal - we're going back again tomorrow to celebrate our 12 years of togetherness!! - Grahame.