Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Hooters in Santiago....

Coal in Newcastle
    Ice for Eskimos

Wrong market for flesh.... IMO
    You can see girls anywhere.

I love Hooter's wings, curly fried and oyster sammiches...

FWIW, the original Hooters is in Clearwater on Gulf-to-Bay. I kept the founder's airplane in my hanger. The original guys had nothing to do with all the other Hooters because they sold the rights to a franchise group. They knew their limitations, and made a pile of money not doing any heavy lifting. They did, however, use their flagship restaurant as the "test mule" for new concepts.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Brickell, Miami and frequent the location in Wynwood.  Their original Wynwood location has a somewhat secret, beautiful bar in the back with a live DJ. The bar in the back is often frequented by popular artists like Major Lazor and Travis Scott. Their second location here in Brickell is restaurant only/no bar.  I'm sure their third location in Santo Domingo will be a hit! 

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is good information for the previous thread asking for advice on whether or not to invest in an American Franchise in RD.
    I hope they read it!
    Regardless of whom you are or what name the franchise carries price is the key. Value for the dollars /pesos spent is everything.

Big lineups at opening at fast food restaurants/franchises are basic what I call ''novelty sales''... the slow down and almost non existent sales I call ''reality sales''. I say again ''think like a Dominican, live like a Dominican and spend pesos like a Dominican.It is reality sales that pay the bills. it is not complicated. But this boom bust sales is not just because it is the RD.
    In Yarmouth Nova Scotia we have all the big name FF Franchises. Recently a Mary Browns Fried Chicken opened ; for the first three weeks there were line ups around the block (Small Block ) after the ''Novelty sales'' period was over there was never a time when you had to line up for a feed of fried chicken..... Russell

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    You can see girls anywhere.

I love Hooter's wings, curly fried and oyster sammiches...

FWIW, the original Hooters is in Clearwater on Gulf-to-Bay. I kept the founder's airplane in my hanger. The original guys had nothing to do with all the other Hooters because they sold the rights to a franchise group. They knew their limitations, and made a pile of money not doing any heavy lifting. They did, however, use their flagship restaurant as the "test mule" for new concepts.
    Hooters SD is a good place to watch sports as they will have most anything. Even Hockey which you are not going to find in any old colmado across the city.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12