Cheapest flights?

WhiteWave

Mar 5, 2002
Does anyone know the cheapest way to fly from from Toronto, Canada, to POP bewteen July 1st and Sept 1st? I plan on staying for a while and live in Sosua. Any advice on getting one way/ return/return open ticket/standby etc.... Much appreciated.
WW

richard

Jan 1, 2002
WhiteWave said:
Does anyone know the cheapest way to fly from from Toronto, Canada, to POP bewteen July 1st and Sept 1st? I plan on staying for a while and live in Sosua. Any advice on getting one way/ return/return open ticket/standby etc.... Much appreciated.
WW

check here for a sell-off.

http://www.wholesaletravel.com/wtg/aironly.asp

Buy the return ticket and throw away the return portion. You can worry about getting back to TO when the time comes. Years ago when I lived in Sosua we could sell our return portion to another ex-pat wanting to go home but I don't think that is possible now.:bandit:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I used to do that too, Richard and it really, really isn't possible anymore. Oh, the good old days...

Trying to find a last minute, one-way ticket home can also provide a challenge. The last two times I wanted to come to Mtl from POP I wound up flying American ($$$), because there was never any availability on the charters.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Jane J. said:
I used to do that too, Richard and it really, really isn't possible anymore. Oh, the good old days...

Trying to find a last minute, one-way ticket home can also provide a challenge. The last two times I wanted to come to Mtl from POP I wound up flying American ($$$), because there was never any availability on the charters.

How true Jane, as you know, knowing the right people in Sosua often helped. I'm sure you and I know of whom I'm writing. I wonder if he kept the return portion and there were seats available if he could pay a little extra to get on a returning charter. Even five years ago that could be done for $100.00US

;) :bandit: :bandit:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
See my posts from March/April this year

Keep your return portion.......you'll need it to get a charter return flight. Without it you'll go commercial ($$$$$$$).
Check out my posts for numbers. It is possible to get a return charter home but you must be very flexible. I had problems because I had a MUST BE HOME by date. Had I been more flexible I wouldn't have had as much problem (but I did find one!!!-Thanks for all the help to the board members again!!!)