Where to buy bricks in Santo Domingo?

Planter

Aug 29, 2017
Hi there!

Maybe somebody can tell me, where to buy bricks in Santo Domingo and what kind of bricks are available here? I am trying to find red ones, need quantity for building a wall about 12 feet width x 9 feet height. If red ones are not available, or very expensive then I need regular grey blocks and faux red brick panels.

Thanks!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know I have seen red bricks, and lots of them on the south (or perhaps it would be west at that point) side of the main highway when going from Santiago and getting near to Santo Domingo. On the north coast, I had a barbecue stand built from red bricks that were purchased at a local ferreteria.

For such a wall, I would probably go with the cement block and fake brick panels.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Where do you get the panels Windeguy, any idea? Might a option for me as well, close to the beach you know. Every two years a paint job.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where do you get the panels Windeguy, any idea? Might a option for me as well, close to the beach you know. Every two years a paint job.

There is a company that sells them on the north coast between Sosua and Cabarte. I have seen them used to make walls.
I have also seen cut stone pieces applied to concrete block walls with good effect.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is a huge brick/tile factory on the autopista, near the big heavy equipment dealer, on the outskirts of town.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is a company that sells them on the north coast between Sosua and Cabarte. I have seen them used to make walls.
I have also seen cut stone pieces applied to concrete block walls with good effect.
Americana also has a large display of fake brick panels.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
That's called Alfarería Dominicana, telephone 809-560-6218. There is also a small outlet called Alfarería y Ferreteria Tabar that's on the right of the autopista going north at the junction with Los Beisbolistas/Paseo del Aroyo, just before Carrefour tel: 809-560-6055.

Planter

Aug 29, 2017
Thanks for the answers. So probably I have to go to that factory, ask for the prices, and then compare what is cheaper, real red brick wall or cement blocks and faux brick panels on it.... Maybe somebody here knows the price of cement blocks if I buy that quantity of them? And who sells them? I doubt that ferreterias have them...

Planter

Aug 29, 2017
I am also curious if there are lightweight foamed concrete blocks available... could be easy and cheaper solution to build a wall and then put faux brick panels on it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Planter, in my experience just about every ferreteria sells cement blocks.  Even in the campo. Usually a choice of quality too