Hello dear comrades haha

Carlospaisa

Aug 31, 2017
Hello DR membership

For the introduction. My name is Carlos. I am from the United States. I have lived in the R.D. once before for a few months A couple years ago . I really enjoyed my time their. I usually work in Colombia when I am not working on boats as a tenderman or deckhand for the various fishing seasons up north in alaska. I am currently teaching english at a college in Colombia. As a conversation starter, I am looking to move to santiago next month, but I would like to receive an offer for work (call center without cedula or online work from home). Please be nice. If you you have any questions about my dear Colombia I am ready to answer. And I appreciate any sugggestions you have about starting work before I attain a cedula, and of course how one should conduct themselves on this forum. I feel it coming. hahah

chevere breve

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Welcome and don't take the responses out of context. Can't legally work here without the proper documentation. It's no different than anywhere else.

Carlospaisa

Aug 31, 2017
Also, jstar, you can legally work anywhere if you work on the internet. I stated that in my introduction. Im sure you read it. Thanks a million. And without cedula is not the same thing as without proper documentation. Lets not take what others say out of context right. haha

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
When do you want to work "on the internet", where you want to get the "intenet" from to do so? Good luck to get a connection without cedula.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Carlos, if you can P.M. me and I'm sure I can help you out. You can certainly work via internet here. There are many here who will tell you that you can not do it but I am here in Santiago at this very minute on CLARO internet (fiber optic in my apartment building) doing just that. I broker to numerous call centers in this and other countries (including one in Barranquilla Colombia and maybe one to come on board in Medellin soon).
I have lived here 11+ years without all the papers some say you need and have a bank account internet phone and more and I just arrived into STI tonight from a flight from Miami.
Good luck to you and let me know when you get to Santiago.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I operate two businesses in Canada from the I-Net... work goes with me when I travel.
Soon will operate one Dominican Corporation from I-Net. I own 10% of THE BUSINESS And Espossa 90%.
Sent all the necessary docs including a copy of the Passport. That is all it took.
Your Computer and the services you use are your private domain.
There are I-net abuses ; but they get caught,,, thats their problem.
Welcome to RD Cyber-space ....
Russell

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
The question is not if working online is possible or not (I freelance and work online since 8 years +).

The obstacles are getting the needed services. I doubt you will get a contract for internet with Claro etc. without a cedula.

It also is a different thing managing your own business versus working online for somebody as an employee (hours, schedule, shift etc.).

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
When do you want to work "on the internet", where you want to get the "intenet" from to do so? Good luck to get a connection without cedula.

Try Orange if Claro is unwilling to connect you. They have a dongle that works fine even on the beach

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
???

Thanks, but no need for Orange for me. I have Tricom Smartbox since 2 years and Claro since ever and all works just fine. I do not work from the beach unfortunately :(. If so, on the beach I would use my iPhone's integrated personal hotspot.

Carlospaisa

Aug 31, 2017
Carlos, if you can P.M. me and I'm sure I can help you out. You can certainly work via internet here. There are many here who will tell you that you can not do it but I am here in Santiago at this very minute on CLARO internet (fiber optic in my apartment building) doing just that. I broker to numerous call centers in this and other countries (including one in Barranquilla Colombia and maybe one to come on board in Medellin soon).
I have lived here 11+ years without all the papers some say you need and have a bank account internet phone and more and I just arrived into STI tonight from a flight from Miami.
Good luck to you and let me know when you get to Santiago.

Thank you Gary. At the moment it seems that I have not been awarded the privilege to private message, but if you could message me your contact info I would gladly take you up on your offer. And the soon I can get that offer, the sooner I will be in Santiago to set up internet in my apartment. I am aiming to be their altleast 2 weeks from now. But sooner if I you can message me your contact info.