Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: I am finaly moving to the DR

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I am finaly moving to the DR

    Hi to all

    We are finally moving to the DR, its in the planning for the past few years and now we took the step.
    now the complicated part -we have a Caribbean history me (Dutch), wife DR we met in Sint Maarten / Saint Martin I lived there for 12 years, our daughter as born there (Dutch) , then we moved to Puerto Rico for 5 years where our son was born (Dutch/USA) , then we all moved to Belgium and now after 8 year we are moving to the DR.
    I just completed the Visa application for me and the kids in the DR Consulate in Antwerp, and yesterday we received it. I will keep you all updated on the immigration progress. I am following this form a long time and I read a lot of the info.

    See you soon.

    Richard

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi Richard. Welkom man. Greetings from another Dutch. If you need any help on the immigration proces, just let me know.

  3. #3
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They probably start asking for apostille for your Belgian documents, if that's the case let me know if you want, I struggled with Migracion for weeks. Maybe they learned.
    I lived in Brasschaat for years.

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Hi Richard. Welkom man. Greetings from another Dutch. If you need any help on the immigration proces, just let me know.
    I seek help with the immigration process as well. Can you help me with that? Can you assist me with the process?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks Fulano2, If i need some help i will send you a PM

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothSax View Post
    I seek help with the immigration process as well. Can you help me with that? Can you assist me with the process?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will let you know, where are you coming from

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi,
    Is there is specific problem? I am not a lawyer or something but just did the whole thing by myself

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
    Hi to all

    We are finally moving to the DR, its in the planning for the past few years and now we took the step.
    now the complicated part -we have a Caribbean history me (Dutch), wife DR we met in Sint Maarten / Saint Martin I lived there for 12 years, our daughter as born there (Dutch) , then we moved to Puerto Rico for 5 years where our son was born (Dutch/USA) , then we all moved to Belgium and now after 8 year we are moving to the DR.
    I just completed the Visa application for me and the kids in the DR Consulate in Antwerp, and yesterday we received it. I will keep you all updated on the immigration progress. I am following this form a long time and I read a lot of the info.

    See you soon.

    Richard
    The residency process starts in your home country. Go on-line to look at the requirements and call the nearest DR Consulate to see what documents you need to get together. You will also need a police report which includes fingerprints. All of these documents need to be approved by the DR consulate and then the process begins in the DR. You will need to hire an attorney to walk the documents through the process in Santo Domingo. This will be expensive for a number of people. It could be $5000 usd or more to complete the first step of residency. Again talk to the DR consulate to get the best info. Good luck and good travels.

  9. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    They probably start asking for apostille for your Belgian documents, if that's the case let me know if you want, I struggled with Migracion for weeks. Maybe they learned.
    I lived in Brasschaat for years.
    all the documents went trough the DR Consulate and are approved in there system, and they gave us a visa.

  10. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Hi,
    Is there is specific problem? I am not a lawyer or something but just did the whole thing by myself
    i do not have a problem, lets wait after I enter the papers in the imigration next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •