I am finaly moving to the DR

richard1

Mar 17, 2014
Hi to all

We are finally moving to the DR, its in the planning for the past few years and now we took the step.
now the complicated part -we have a Caribbean history me (Dutch), wife DR we met in Sint Maarten / Saint Martin I lived there for 12 years, our daughter as born there (Dutch) , then we moved to Puerto Rico for 5 years where our son was born (Dutch/USA) , then we all moved to Belgium and now after 8 year we are moving to the DR.
I just completed the Visa application for me and the kids in the DR Consulate in Antwerp, and yesterday we received it. I will keep you all updated on the immigration progress. I am following this form a long time and I read a lot of the info.

See you soon.

Richard

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Hi Richard. Welkom man. Greetings from another Dutch. If you need any help on the immigration proces, just let me know.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
They probably start asking for apostille for your Belgian documents, if that's the case let me know if you want, I struggled with Migracion for weeks. Maybe they learned.
I lived in Brasschaat for years.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Hi,
Is there is specific problem? I am not a lawyer or something but just did the whole thing by myself

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi to all

We are finally moving to the DR, its in the planning for the past few years and now we took the step.
now the complicated part -we have a Caribbean history me (Dutch), wife DR we met in Sint Maarten / Saint Martin I lived there for 12 years, our daughter as born there (Dutch) , then we moved to Puerto Rico for 5 years where our son was born (Dutch/USA) , then we all moved to Belgium and now after 8 year we are moving to the DR.
I just completed the Visa application for me and the kids in the DR Consulate in Antwerp, and yesterday we received it. I will keep you all updated on the immigration progress. I am following this form a long time and I read a lot of the info.

See you soon.

Richard

The residency process starts in your home country. Go on-line to look at the requirements and call the nearest DR Consulate to see what documents you need to get together. You will also need a police report which includes fingerprints. All of these documents need to be approved by the DR consulate and then the process begins in the DR. You will need to hire an attorney to walk the documents through the process in Santo Domingo. This will be expensive for a number of people. It could be $5000 usd or more to complete the first step of residency. Again talk to the DR consulate to get the best info. Good luck and good travels.

richard1

Mar 17, 2014
They probably start asking for apostille for your Belgian documents, if that's the case let me know if you want, I struggled with Migracion for weeks. Maybe they learned.
I lived in Brasschaat for years.

all the documents went trough the DR Consulate and are approved in there system, and they gave us a visa.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
@Richard.
I know, in Antwerpen they are very nice and helpful. The problems started here, they are not aware of the fact that apostille is not possible between Belgium and the DR. I wrote about that on this forum.

richard1

Mar 17, 2014
@Richard.
I know, in Antwerpen they are very nice and helpful. The problems started here, they are not aware of the fact that apostille is not possible between Belgium and the DR. I wrote about that on this forum.

I read about that, how did you convince them?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
A handwritten letter, which I uploaded in jpg. stating I wanted to discuss the matter with a superior . There is on way they anywere any phone-calls. That's why I had to do it this way. Next morning could go to SD. The Belgian Consul was a great help, he happened to live in the same building on the Malecon as my brother and sister in law. I never knew they knew him. So he orientated me by whats-app. Marc Boutiel was a great help.