chinese restaurant

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Is this the one right downtown Cabarete, south side of the street, somewhat near the old Jose O'Shea's?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sandros was in a different location.

The Chinese Restaurant that Ken is referring to has been here in the same location for at least the 14 years I have been here.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That's the restaurant I was referring to. I'm glad to hear that it's still there. Despite looking for it when in Cabarete, I often miss it because I'm focused on the traffic. I ask because it's time for some Chinese food I think.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Always look for Wally's cambio on the right. If you see Wally's you are there.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
It used to be very good. However, 2 years ago the chef went to China and the food was not as tasty. Perhaps he is back. If anyone goes it would be great to have a report.

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
It used to be very good. However, 2 years ago the chef went to China and the food was not as tasty. Perhaps he is back. If anyone goes it would be great to have a report.

Went there last night around 7, no lines and free parking, food was good just like it has been for the 12 years or so that we have been going there. We were the only ones there at 7 but by the time we left Cabarete it was almost full. Never had a bad meal there.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
"New" owner chef. Actually I believe a brother of the one who ran it for the last couple of years. The "new" chef and his wife used to have the very good restaurant on the malacon in PP. They were forced to close (building torn down) the PP one a couple of years ago.
Good food and very reasonable prices.

Bob K

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
"New" owner chef. Actually I believe a brother of the one who ran it for the last couple of years. The "new" chef and his wife used to have the very good restaurant on the malacon in PP. They were forced to close (building torn down) the PP one a couple of years ago.
Good food and very reasonable prices.

Bob K

The building wasn't torn down, it is still there, but Acapella and 30-40 (same owner) bought it. But the rest is correct, they had a great restaurant here in pop. We still miss them. Great chef and great food and here in pop great prices.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Went there last night around 7, no lines and free parking, food was good just like it has been for the 12 years or so that we have been going there. We were the only ones there at 7 but by the time we left Cabarete it was almost full. Never had a bad meal there.

My appetite has just been stimulated.....thanks

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005

It was a very regular once a week place for us, but as you say since the old chef left I think the quality has slipped a bit. We went a few more times and then everyone decided it was not worth a once a week trip any more. I haven't been for maybe 10 months now.

The new guy (brother) is always sitting there watching something or playing with the kids, the other one was always in the kitchen overseeing the operation - maintaining quality and standard I guess. Will check it out again.....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I went there last night. The food that I had seemed exactly the same as it was before it closed for the summer - perhaps a bit more salty, which was a shame.