Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermath of Hurricanes Irma & Maria

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Had power last night, but none today in Cabarete.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the info.

I know Lomas Mironas is still dark.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i have to give credit to the work teams in POP who have done a great job. i went out for a look this morning, and the place was a disaster. they have really put in some work.

not everything is perfect, of course, what with that absolute joke of a company, Telecable POP, showing their repetitive lettering...no hay senal. what a bunch of tools in that place.

4. Likes IslandDreaming liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The power stayed on in Barahona. Lots of rain.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    This story.., I have a problem with. 52 homes that were demolished by Irma in Nagua are going to be rebuilt. What about the 60 meter setback?
    there is no problem, i think. the article says the area where the houses will be built is going to be coordinated with authorities. so it's not going to be the same spot.

i believe nagua's "waterfront properties" have been destroyed before and the government offered people apartments. which were then promptly sold so that the dwellers could go back to where they lived before, now with more money for romo. and so it goes again...

i have some pics of costambar after irma, will post them later. our power was restored just minutes ago. it was gone since wednesday night. most of the projevt is still without electricity tho.

North Coast Moderator

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoke with a friend without power who has contacted Edenorte. Those in the Sosua area at least as far east as Lomas are waiting on the delivery of a new transformer or two.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

7:30 AM east of Sosua. Power still out. Generator doing fine.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    7:30 AM east of Sosua. Power still out. Generator doing fine.
    Same here west of Kite Beach. Odd thing is, we had power after IRMA passed and now it has been off for 23 hours. Edenorte works in mysterious ways. I just spoke to Edenorte. They have no idea when power will be restored. Could be new transformer requirement is what our problem is as well since we are east of Lomas Mironas. No power was visible last night along the highway where I normally see street lights.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 30 aqueducts out of service in East and North

ONE MILLION PEOPLE WITHOUT DRINKING WATER IN SEVERAL PROVINCES

Katheryn Luna / Adriana Peguero
    adriana.peguero@listindiario.com
    Santo Domingo
    One million people without potable water services, 24,000 displaced persons and 38 isolated communities were part of the impact of Hurricane Irma on the country.

The operation output of 30 aqueducts affected by the rains left 1,236,860 inhabitants of communities in Santiago, Samaná, Duarte and other provinces without service.

While four bridges were collapsed and 12,829 people remained in official shelters.

Ramón Batista, executive of the National Institute of Potable Waters and Sewers (Inapa), reported that the systems were removed from service due to the turbidity of the waters and the fall of trees that affected the electric energy.

The cause of the cyclone also destroyed 108 homes and 22 provinces remain on alert.

Damages
    The Civil Defense reported that in Dajabón the bridges collapsed on the Neita River and the Ramaido glacier that connects El Pino with El Aguacate, Restauración, La Poza, Río Limpio and the Cerezos.

He added that Puerto Rico is also incommunicado with Juana Méndez and in the Palmar de Ocoa some 341 homes are flooded.

Situation
    The National Office of Meteorology reported that for today the weather conditions will remain with a very humid and unstable atmosphere, as a result of a medium level trough, which in combination with the humidity left by Hurricane Irma, will generate showers, thunderstorms and occasional gusts of wind towards the end of the afternoon and early hours of the night, in localities of the regions Southeast, Southwest, border area and the Central mountain range.

Meanwhile, the Emergency Operations Center (COE) maintains San Juan and Monte Cristi on red alert.

While in yellow are Samaná, Maria Trinidad Sánchez, Puerto Plata, Dajabón and Valverde.

FOOD AND WATER FOR THE AFFECTED
    The State's Economic Canteens distributed thousands of dry combos of food, as well as prepared, to the affected families of Samaná and Sánchez Ramírez, where its administrator, Nicolás Calderón, keeps the mobile kitchens operating until the situation is normal.

The Santo Domingo Aqueduct and Sewer Corporation (CAASD) distributed 142,500 gallons of water to shelters, detachments, clubs and homes in Santo Domingo.

http://www.listindiario.com/la-repub...n-este-y-norte

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear that El Choco is out too so must be a large area.

Our Codetel phone works but no signal for internet. Have tried to call but can not get them. Anyone else have this problem? We are on DeLancer now; we have both. Keep in mind that DeLancer servers are in Miami. oops.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast