Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Typical Dominican thing??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Typical Dominican thing??

My girlfriend of two years who lives in the U.S. and is a citizen since 2006.. man this is crazy... yeah we had arguments and so on anyways she tells me shes going to DR for 2 weeks so we chat and facetime and all that stuff.. one of her last things she asked me was if I loved her and next time I called she was very non-chatty.. rushed me off the phone twice then after I noticed her time was longer then 2 weeks (the storm did not help) she tells me she was married? I was in shock after I saw the pictures.. she was saying this guy who has a taxi in DR wanted to marry her.. but it looked somewhat like a simple wedding or whatever..

The crazy thing is all those times I would come see her the mother and the whole family smiled and asked me how I was doing like nothing was going on.. I feel so blindsided.. not only for 2 years down the drain but all the time and money I spent on her..

I'm wondering how in the hell this happened? It's funny no one has posted pictures of it however.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thecooldude View Post
    My girlfriend of two years who lives in the U.S. and is a citizen since 2006.. man this is crazy... yeah we had arguments and so on anyways she tells me shes going to DR for 2 weeks so we chat and facetime and all that stuff.. one of her last things she asked me was if I loved her and next time I called she was very non-chatty.. rushed me off the phone twice then after I noticed her time was longer then 2 weeks (the storm did not help) she tells me she was married? I was in shock after I saw the pictures.. she was saying this guy who has a taxi in DR wanted to marry her.. but it looked somewhat like a simple wedding or whatever..

The crazy thing is all those times I would come see her the mother and the whole family smiled and asked me how I was doing like nothing was going on.. I feel so blindsided.. not only for 2 years down the drain but all the time and money I spent on her..

I'm wondering how in the hell this happened? It's funny no one has posted pictures of it however.
    regular thing. i thought you were about to post something out of the ordinary.

the girl who lives in the apartment beside me has a Canadian boyfriend, who pays her rent. i have lived here for 4 years, and i have seen him twice. as it is right now, she is waiting out the time for her visa to be processed, so she can bugger off to Canada.

meanwhile, her motoconcho novio lives in the apartment with her. par for the course.

3. Likes K-Mel, curlando liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    regular thing. i thought you were about to post something out of the ordinary.

the girl who lives in the apartment beside me has a Canadian boyfriend, who pays her rent. i have lived here for 4 years, and i have seen him twice. as it is right now, she is waiting out the time for her visa to be processed, so she can bugger off to Canada.

meanwhile, her motoconcho novio lives in the apartment with her. par for the course.
    So I'm kinda lost as where this leaves me? It's so out of the blue.. so instead of it being a women the guy is looking for the Visa? But is the marriage legal? I mean the
    mother never said anything.. no one did.. matter of fact no one has posted on social media about the whole wedding.. the whole mood seemed to be like not really exciting if you get what I mean.

This is new to me so I don't know about it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm kinda lost as where this leaves me? It's so out of the blue.. so instead of it being a women the guy is looking for the Visa? But is the marriage legal? I mean the
    mother never said anything.. no one did.. matter of fact no one has posted on social media about the whole wedding.. the whole mood seemed to be like not really exciting if you get what I mean.

This is new to me so I don't know about it.
    Dump her, forget about her, move on...

6. Likes southern, Garyexpat, K-Mel, alexw, Fulano2 and 2 others liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would they post their scam on social media? Do you think Mama has Feybook? They are all in on the game.
    Move on. Lesson learned.

8. Likes Fulano2, Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    Why would they post their scam on social media? Do you think Mama has Feybook? They are all in on the game.
    Move on. Lesson learned.
    Mother does have facebook but it's been nothing going on just feels like a waste of 2 years.. I hope all Dominicans are not like this...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    Move on. Lesson learned.
    besides, she might want to do it a few more times.

11. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Mother does have facebook but it's been nothing going on just feels like a waste of 2 years.. I hope all Dominicans are not like this...
    get philosophical. dont think of it as a waste. it was a learning exercise..

13. Likes cbmitch9, K-Mel, Ecoman1949, Fulano2, zoomzx11 and 1 others liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    besides, she might want to do it a few more times.
    So let me get this right the guy pays the family large sums of money for a visa right? Like how much are we talking?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

So let me get this right the guy pays the family large sums of money for a visa right? Like how much are we talking?
    i have no idea. the word large means different things to different people..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast