Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Typical Dominican thing??

  1. #21
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Since she's a US citizen, there is a possibility that she married someone to sponsor them to the US. That's assuming she has a decent job in the US that qualifies her to bring a spouse.
    i would agree with you there. that seems like the most likely possibility. business transaction..no more, no less.

  2. #22
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecooldude View Post
    Man I can only wonder if she did have the child with me how this would of played out.. Just how I figured.. she let things slip when she got mad kinda in the effect like leaving me for someone else.. she seemed overly mad because she lost the child
    Count your blessings cooldude. You got off easy.

  3. #23
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As most have said , dust yourself off and move on . Look at it this way - she just opened your eyes to a lot of things one of which should be - don't be too trusting and giving  ( to just anyone) . See the money and time you wasted on her as the cost of learning this lesson . 

  4. #24
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Since she's a US citizen, there is a possibility that she married someone to sponsor them to the US. That's assuming she has a decent job in the US that qualifies her to bring a spouse.


    If not, they can get a "co signer".Incredible system.

  5. #25
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i have no idea. the word large means different things to different people..


    in 98 or 99 I had two offers of 10,000 and 15,000 o marry a dominican. Uhm. . . .no thanks. . . .. I can't imagine what going rate is now.

  6. #26
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I met an uncle for the time in Santo Domingo two months ago. While engaged  in conversation, his wife called her sister to tell her she'd met me,and that I was a US citizen. The conversation abruptly changed to would I be willing to marry the sister for a fee and that maybe "something would develop between us". Not to be rude I told them I'd have to give that a lot of thought(should have said no immediately)and I'd get back to them. Three weeks later I visit the uncle while walking in his neighborhood in the Bronx and the wife calls her sister back in the DR. She hands me the phone and sister starts complaining that she went by my dad's house(where I met the new uncle)and that I wasn't there and it cost her money. I told her I was out of the country and didn't ask her to visit me. I hung the phone; don't need/want people like that in my life, family or not.

  7. #27
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Since she's a US citizen, there is a possibility that she married someone to sponsor them to the US. That's assuming she has a decent job in the US that qualifies her to bring a spouse.



    Meh her job is OK most certnly not as well as my job I mean I'm a driver at UPS so I make very decent money to the fact she always wanted to keep tabs on my check and all..








    Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Count your blessings cooldude. You got off easy.
    Yeah I really did get off easy as I almost had a child with this girl.. she seemed very upset over the lost of the child but I feel she was going to use that to trap me.. wait a sec I KNOW she was going to use it to trap me.. she would slip and say things like "Just because I want to have your child doesn't mean I want to be with you"

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffness View Post
    As most have said , dust yourself off and move on . Look at it this way - she just opened your eyes to a lot of things one of which should be - don't be too trusting and giving  ( to just anyone) . See the money and time you wasted on her as the cost of learning this lesson . 
    Near the end I got very tight with the money because I saw her patterns.. Next one it's going to have to be dating for a minimum of 5 years before I bring anyone around my family.. I'm more embarrassed then anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dlight View Post
    I met an uncle for the time in Santo Domingo two months ago. While engaged  in conversation, his wife called her sister to tell her she'd met me,and that I was a US citizen. The conversation abruptly changed to would I be willing to marry the sister for a fee and that maybe "something would develop between us". Not to be rude I told them I'd have to give that a lot of thought(should have said no immediately)and I'd get back to them. Three weeks later I visit the uncle while walking in his neighborhood in the Bronx and the wife calls her sister back in the DR. She hands me the phone and sister starts complaining that she went by my dad's house(where I met the new uncle)and that I wasn't there and it cost her money. I told her I was out of the country and didn't ask her to visit me. I hung the phone; don't need/want people like that in my life, family or not.
    Yeah I DO NOT want to get involved in this crazy game they got going on... smiling in my face when they knew what the hell was going on.. I asked her how much money was involved she was like none at all.. that's a BS lie.. last she was stressing out how she was going to pay for school and all

  8. #28
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hopefully you will learn from this experience and not make the same mistake again. Still to this day do not understand why a man remarries.

  9. #29
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecooldude View Post
    It's like the other way around
    A. She thought you were a millionaire, literally worth at least $1,000,000. So therefore you would shower her with gifts. Even if she lives in NYC, they think they are poor and you are a millionaire. Somebody is buying those $3,000,000 apartments on Madison Avenue and $110,000 Tesla sedans.

    B. If she would have had YOUR child the hustle would be all over for her because most all Dominican men dont want a woman with another man's child. And even when they do it still is usually a ruse to use her for an ulterior gain.

    Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2dlight View Post
    I met an uncle for the time in Santo Domingo two months ago. While engaged  in conversation, his wife called her sister to tell her she'd met me,and that I was a US citizen. The conversation abruptly changed to would I be willing to marry the sister for a fee and that maybe "something would develop between us". Not to be rude I told them I'd have to give that a lot of thought(should have said no immediately)and I'd get back to them. Three weeks later I visit the uncle while walking in his neighborhood in the Bronx and the wife calls her sister back in the DR. She hands me the phone and sister starts complaining that she went by my dad's house(where I met the new uncle)and that I wasn't there and it cost her money. I told her I was out of the country and didn't ask her to visit me. I hung the phone; don't need/want people like that in my life, family or not.
    They volunteered you to marry her. Man that sounds like a.legal nightware in this Trump Admin. To get caught in something fraudulent like that.

    They got ICE guys at county court these days to sweep guys up when they come off probation. What happens when you walk into a government building?

    Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO