Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Typical Dominican thing??

  1. #41
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OP, you're not the first one nor will you be the last one that this happens to. You simply need to let it go and move on.

    I don't normally participate in this part of DR1, but this thread reminds me of this song. I couldn't resist! lol



    Anillo al dedo. lol

    Moderator Polls Forum

  2. Likes dulce, Bronxboy liked this post
  3. #42
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    She will be back. They never burn the bridge. Common tactic is to pass you on to a friend or sister in the meantime. No point in wasting a perfectly good gringo.
    Yep. Had one that I had hooked up with in St Maarten over 16 years ago. call me recently. I'm thinking, given the rate that Dominicanas trash their phones, how could she possibly have my # after all this time?

  4. #43
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is normal behaviour for a lot of women on this island.
    You (and a whole lot of other gringos) will never be looked
    at as anything more then a money machine.
    Its no secret, most of them would rather you just stayed
    home and sent them a check once a month.

  5. Likes ExDR, drstock liked this post
    Dislikes Fulano2 disliked this post
  6. #44
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    17,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    This is normal behaviour for a lot of women on this island.
    You (and a whole lot of other gringos) will never be looked
    at as anything more then a money machine.
    Its no secret, most of them would rather you just stayed
    home and sent them a check once a month.


    Did you miss the fact that she is a US citizen and lives and works there?




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  7. #45
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2dlight View Post
    Live up to your handle and just be a cool dude and enjoy your life. Come back to the DR and sample the plethora of feminine flavors that populate the country(don't read too much into that)and make believe you're at Baskin Robbins: 31 flavors +
    lol I was reading a bit here last week last time I was in DR was 2015 I was in Puerto Plata pretty nice but I was just staying at the Life styles resort
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    She will be back. They never burn the bridge. Common tactic is to pass you on to a friend or sister in the meantime. No point in wasting a perfectly good gringo.
    I'm not too sure she's going to do any of that but I know she will recycle and try calling it's just a matter of time.. longest I think it's been was 3 weeks before she contacted me in some kind of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    they never burn the bridge,nor do they lose the phone number. it will always come in handy.

    there was a lady who lived in my apartment complex some time back, with whom i had a civil relationship. hi, hello, and how. we exchanged phone numbers, which was as deep as our relationship went. she moved away about a year and a half ago, and i never heard from her since.

    until yesterday. she called just to say hello, by her explanation. however, before she hung up, she asked me if i would mind putting two hundred pesos of recarga on her phone. yes, i did it.

    a phone number is never wasted.
    Yeah about the phone numbers.. another red flag was her having all of her exes phone numbers still in her phone.. yeah yeah I know that should of been the end of things..

    Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    OP, you're not the first one nor will you be the last one that this happens to. You simply need to let it go and move on.

    I don't normally participate in this part of DR1, but this thread reminds me of this song. I couldn't resist! lol



    Anillo al dedo. lol
    lol Yeah at this point it's just really just her now but her whole family.. you know she kept saying all the when do you want to get married stuff or we should get married next month. All the while her whole family smiles in my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    Yep. Had one that I had hooked up with in St Maarten over 16 years ago. call me recently. I'm thinking, given the rate that Dominicanas trash their phones, how could she possibly have my # after all this time?
    LOL it's crazy how everyone is getting contacted about the same time

    Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    This is normal behaviour for a lot of women on this island.
    You (and a whole lot of other gringos) will never be looked
    at as anything more then a money machine.
    Its no secret, most of them would rather you just stayed
    home and sent them a check once a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Did you miss the fact that she is a US citizen and lives and works there?
    She's been a U.S. citizen now for 11 years she works in the city so she does make her own money however her job is really dependent on the amount of tips she makes.

  8. #46
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecooldude View Post
    So let me get this right the guy pays the family large sums of money for a visa right? Like how much are we talking?
    20 years ago it was about $10,000

  9. #47
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    She will be back. They never burn the bridge. Common tactic is to pass you on to a friend or sister in the meantime. No point in wasting a perfectly good gringo.
    Yes, but this time you play her. Get all the loving you can, but never pay for anything or give her money. Your credit card just happen to have been stolen and you can't use the ATM.

  10. Likes ROLLOUT liked this post
  11. #48
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Count your blessings cooldude. You got off easy.
    Yes, you are lucky. You could have married her, had a child yours or someone else's. You be paying for the rest of your life.

  12. Likes thecooldude liked this post
  13. #49
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExDR View Post
    Yes, but this time you play her. Get all the loving you can, but never pay for anything or give her money. Your credit card just happen to have been stolen and you can't use the ATM.
    sounds great in theory, but will never happen. you might get the first bite of the apple, but if no cash is flowing, you are getting no more. they are not that dumb to give it to you for free, when they can get something from another guy.

  14. #50
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Count your blessings cooldude. You got off easy.
    I am paying my Dominican Ex $1000/month for the rest of her life or mine, whichever comes first. Hopefully is hers.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO