Typical Dominican thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
My girlfriend of two years who lives in the U.S. and is a citizen since 2006.. man this is crazy... yeah we had arguments and so on anyways she tells me shes going to DR for 2 weeks so we chat and facetime and all that stuff.. one of her last things she asked me was if I loved her and next time I called she was very non-chatty.. rushed me off the phone twice then after I noticed her time was longer then 2 weeks (the storm did not help) she tells me she was married? I was in shock after I saw the pictures.. she was saying this guy who has a taxi in DR wanted to marry her.. but it looked somewhat like a simple wedding or whatever..

The crazy thing is all those times I would come see her the mother and the whole family smiled and asked me how I was doing like nothing was going on.. I feel so blindsided.. not only for 2 years down the drain but all the time and money I spent on her..

I'm wondering how in the hell this happened? It's funny no one has posted pictures of it however.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My girlfriend of two years who lives in the U.S. and is a citizen since 2006.. man this is crazy... yeah we had arguments and so on anyways she tells me shes going to DR for 2 weeks so we chat and facetime and all that stuff.. one of her last things she asked me was if I loved her and next time I called she was very non-chatty.. rushed me off the phone twice then after I noticed her time was longer then 2 weeks (the storm did not help) she tells me she was married? I was in shock after I saw the pictures.. she was saying this guy who has a taxi in DR wanted to marry her.. but it looked somewhat like a simple wedding or whatever..

The crazy thing is all those times I would come see her the mother and the whole family smiled and asked me how I was doing like nothing was going on.. I feel so blindsided.. not only for 2 years down the drain but all the time and money I spent on her..

I'm wondering how in the hell this happened? It's funny no one has posted pictures of it however.

regular thing. i thought you were about to post something out of the ordinary.

the girl who lives in the apartment beside me has a Canadian boyfriend, who pays her rent. i have lived here for 4 years, and i have seen him twice. as it is right now, she is waiting out the time for her visa to be processed, so she can bugger off to Canada.

meanwhile, her motoconcho novio lives in the apartment with her. par for the course.

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
regular thing. i thought you were about to post something out of the ordinary.

the girl who lives in the apartment beside me has a Canadian boyfriend, who pays her rent. i have lived here for 4 years, and i have seen him twice. as it is right now, she is waiting out the time for her visa to be processed, so she can bugger off to Canada.

meanwhile, her motoconcho novio lives in the apartment with her. par for the course.

So I'm kinda lost as where this leaves me? It's so out of the blue.. so instead of it being a women the guy is looking for the Visa? But is the marriage legal? I mean the
mother never said anything.. no one did.. matter of fact no one has posted on social media about the whole wedding.. the whole mood seemed to be like not really exciting if you get what I mean.

This is new to me so I don't know about it.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
So I'm kinda lost as where this leaves me? It's so out of the blue.. so instead of it being a women the guy is looking for the Visa? But is the marriage legal? I mean the
mother never said anything.. no one did.. matter of fact no one has posted on social media about the whole wedding.. the whole mood seemed to be like not really exciting if you get what I mean.

This is new to me so I don't know about it.

Dump her, forget about her, move on...

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Why would they post their scam on social media? Do you think Mama has Feybook? They are all in on the game.
Move on. Lesson learned.

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
Why would they post their scam on social media? Do you think Mama has Feybook? They are all in on the game.
Move on. Lesson learned.

Mother does have facebook but it's been nothing going on just feels like a waste of 2 years.. I hope all Dominicans are not like this...

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
Man I can only wonder if she did have the child with me how this would of played out.. Just how I figured.. she let things slip when she got mad kinda in the effect like leaving me for someone else.. she seemed overly mad because she lost the child

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
Maybe but she's a U.S. citizen lives in NYC however I can tell you she's stalking me online to see if I'm going to post something.. she said she wanted to remain friends.. yeah OK...

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
Yeah, honestly I don't see the reason for her to play you like this without something in exchange. Obviously it's not for the visa, but like others said just move on, you learned your lesson. Not all Dominican women are like this just keep in mind. Any woman of any nationality can waste time of your life.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since she's a US citizen, there is a possibility that she married someone to sponsor them to the US. That's assuming she has a decent job in the US that qualifies her to bring a spouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.