Mio - Flavored Drops

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK, I'm convinced the Coca Cola consumption in the DR, or the orange soda and whatever the red cola is must be among the highest per capita per person in the world.
So I think I can convince my significant other and step-daughter to drink bottled water with a squirt of flavored Mio in it. It has to be better health-wise than the sugary carbonated drinks.
I haven't seen it here on the North Coast but, until now, admittedly I have not looked for it.
It is distributed by Kraft-Heinz foods so it must be sold her somewhere ?
Anyone seen it ?
I only drink Coke with Ron Barcelo and just a cap full por bebida, but admittedly it accumulates, as that Rum is like Lay's potato chips - I can't drink just one.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Coca Cola is probably my favorite drink but only here in DR. Don't like it in Europe, don't like it in the USA. But the particular flavor it has here made me an addict. 

Where can I get this mio thing whatever it is, ifnitncan help me get rid of my Coca Cola addiction?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i love that stuff too. i only drink diet coke/pepsi because of the calories. and no more than one small glass a day, with lunch. the rest of the time i drink soda water. sometimes it helps in curbing coca-cola cravings because it's carbonated.
i do not drink regular water at all, unless all other options are exhausted.

i have not seen mio or any other zero calorie flavouring. some coffee shops have torani syrups so i assume someone must be distributing them here (in bulk) but have not seen them sold in regular stores either. it's just not a big think in DR.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
i love that stuff too. i only drink diet coke/pepsi because of the calories. and no more than one small glass a day, with lunch. the rest of the time i drink soda water. sometimes it helps in curbing coca-cola cravings because it's carbonated.
i do not drink regular water at all, unless all other options are exhausted.

i have not seen mio or any other zero calorie flavouring. some coffee shops have torani syrups so i assume someone must be distributing them here (in bulk) but have not seen them sold in regular stores either. it's just not a big think in DR.

Let's make it a big thing - maybe cut down on diabetes and kidney stones over time ? Who knows maybe someone can be the Mio distributor helping Dominicans kick the Coke habit ?
And by the way DV8 - water is delicious - when you are really hot and thirsty it's the only thing I want.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've seen Crystal Light in stores. Maybe ask your local store manager to consider ordering it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
why go to the trouble of importing artificial stuff, when there are millions of natural things you can add to water? like limes? how about cherries? perhaps chinola?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For those of you using products with artificial sweeteners, please don't . They are much worse for you than the sugar.

Big Friendly

Aug 1, 2017
Get rid of the Coke. Use grapefruit juice. Nice and refreshing.
100 calories in an 8 oz glass of grapefruit juice. Some brands have less.
The only negative thing is it can effect Vitamin V and some statins.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've seen Crystal Light in stores. Maybe ask your local store manager to consider ordering it.
C-Light has been out in every store where we've shopped for the lasst six weeks. Is it on the shelves again?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Coca Cola is probably my favorite drink but only here in DR. Don't like it in Europe, don't like it in the USA. But the particular flavor it has here made me an addict. 

Where can I get this mio thing whatever it is, ifnitncan help me get rid of my Coca Cola addiction?
Thwe C-C here has real sugar, unlike in the states where "high fructose corn syrup" is used.

Coca-Cola-ingredients_large.jpg

C-C in Mexico uses real sugar, too. Many Mexican food stores in the states import it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
CB is right. the ingredients in coca cola differ slightly. i once brought dominican coca cola all the way to poland because a friend wanted to prove her murican husband (they were also visiting PL) that it tastes different than american or polish coke.
weird things we do to make other people happy...

also, i'm guessing that cdn_gringo is talking about playero in sosua? they have lots of rare stuff.

Apr 10, 2014
Used Mio for awhile but it became a passing fad. Switched from rum and diet coke to rum and a splash of seltzer and have never looked back.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
why go to the trouble of importing artificial stuff, when there are millions of natural things you can add to water? like limes? how about cherries? perhaps chinola?

Bingo. Nothing better than water with a squeeze of lime in it. Pretty much the only thing I drink. (Sorry about the dislike, did an unintentional double click)