Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Terrenas riots ???

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i am in agreement with forcibly moving beach businesses. a while ago we went to playa ensenada and i would not even stop there to pi**. the "restaurants" are maybe 10 meters from the water, it's unbearably loud and the whole place stinks of sh*t. the cisterns for the water and agua negra holding sewage are one next to another, in the beach sand, behind those shacks.

sadly, some folks here defecate all over the environment in every way possible, choking the earth. one may say it's the land of dominicans and it's up to the them to destroy it but it's like saying that the parents have the bright to murder their kids. lack of education, stupidity and simply not giving a damn are destroying something that belongs equally to everyone.

burn those shacks to the ground. the businesses have to move back. not only with the respect to the law of a man but also with respect to the law of nature.

North Coast Moderator

On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i am in agreement with forcibly moving beach businesses. a while ago we went to playa ensenada and i would not even stop there to pi**. the "restaurants" are maybe 10 meters from the water, it's unbearably loud and the whole place stinks of sh*t. the cisterns for the water and agua negra holding sewage are one next to another, in the beach sand, behind those shacks.

sadly, some folks here defecate all over the environment in every way possible, choking the earth. one may say it's the land of dominicans and it's up to the them to destroy it but it's like saying that the parents have the bright to murder their kids. lack of education, stupidity and simply not giving a damn are destroying something that belongs equally to everyone.

burn those shacks to the ground. the businesses have to move back. not only with the respect to the law of a man but also with respect to the law of nature.
    You're against those "shacks" eh

3. Likes ExDR liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If the law is being enforced I hope they visit El Corticito in the Bavaro area. At high tide some of these places are almost in the water. Its a dump similar to what dv8 posted about Playa Ensenada.
    Unfortunately the police here have been bribed for so long I don't know how it can change unless they all get fired and the new ones are less corrupt. (like that will ever happen)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post

I disagree about playa ensenada. Its not the shacks that are destroying the beach/nature.  Its the new road ( maybe a couple of years old ) that allows every man and his dog to come to the beach from as far as santiago that destroyed the whole thing....... bus loads of chopos
    More people = more shacks = more sh.it.
    A couple of years ago there was only a few open shacks, hardly any music, no garbage......... we used to go camping there..... now its pandemonium

6. Likes pelaut liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been in the pipelines for numerous years, its unfortuante this has happened to the business owners.

I'm sure this happened a few years ago to the same owners, however they came to some type of comprise back then.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    I disagree about playa ensenada. Its not the shacks that are destroying the beach/nature.  Its the new road ( maybe a couple of years old ) that allows every man and his dog to come to the beach from as far as santiago that destroyed the whole thing....... bus loads of chopos
    More people = more shacks = more sh.it.
    A couple of years ago there was only a few open shacks, hardly any music, no garbage......... we used to go camping there..... now its pandemonium
    it is their country, brother. that is really what counts.

9. Likes CristoRey liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    Sosua is next....
    start with putas

11. Dislikes Jumbo disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Didn't they just build a new stretch of restaurants after a burnout ??

Not these ones they're closing is it ??

I think you're talking about these?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, Mi Terrasse and others

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I read and posted earlier from Infos Diarios, it would appear that Mojitos is affected being in the zone mentioned. That would be a loss. It is a well set up establishment and probably the best sundowner place in LT.

Unfortunately the beach is eroding all along that stretch and the idea of a sea wall probably makes sense from and environmental perspective. And they could also widen the very narrow road leading out to Portillo.

We are not talking about beach shacks by the way and not Fishermans Village here. It is a LT local issue.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast