Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thai restaurant closed in ZC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My point isn't that it was too expensive. My point is that the ambiance and the location didn't justify working at that price point. It looked like a cheap cafe, plastic tables, hard seats, the type of place where you would get a cheap sandwich or a pizza. But was trying to charge US$ 20 including tax for lunch. I don't think many bars or restaurants in the Colonial Zone can survive without appealing to Dominican customers - if you look at Pat e Palo, Jalao, Lulu, La Briciola, even Pacos, most of the customers are Dominican. And Dominicans are very very aware of price-quality.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad. We wanted to try it.

Surely there is a market in Santo Domingo for a real Thai restaurant.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: It was open tonight (September 14th) and it was trading, lights on, people eating. So maybe they have found a way to carry on.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    UPDATE: It was open tonight (September 14th) and it was trading, lights on, people eating. So maybe they have found a way to carry on.
    NOW COBRABOY ...get back there quick ....they are waiting on you

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with the owner of the Thai restaurant in the first post. I wish him luck in dealing with his losses from the hurricane. 
    I also wish him luck in recovering his business.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    I spoke with the manager last night. The restaurant will stay open for rest of the week and it will then close. The owner is going back to St. Martin to rebuild; manager said he would come back to DR but wasn't certain if he would reopen at the same location. That's all I know and will visit one final time tonight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12