Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New but not.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New but not.

Hello everyone.

Great site that I have used a few times. Joined today and still making my decision on living here. Am half Dominican and been coming here all my life and finally decided to see if it's something to move to and if it's for me. My family is here and my mother who has businesses here so she does well. Currently living in Santo Domingo and slowly getting a feel for the lifestyle. I look forward to chatting with people and asking a lot of questions.

Cheers

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DR1, ask away!

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Bienvenidos!

Post Thanks / Like

Hola....

Moderator DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New But Not

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBoyLarge View Post
    Hello everyone.

Great site that I have used a few times. Joined today and still making my decision on living here. Am half Dominican and been coming here all my life and finally decided to see if it's something to move to and if it's for me. My family is here and my mother who has businesses here so she does well. Currently living in Santo Domingo and slowly getting a feel for the lifestyle. I look forward to chatting with people and asking a lot of questions.

Cheers
    Welcocme! You can always change your mind later. For now, enjoy the place with your family and friends.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBoyLarge View Post
    Hello everyone.

Cheers
    Welcome,
    Like you I am half Dominican and decided to come here long term in 2013 to practice Spanish and see where life took me. I've stayed at years at a time with traveling back to the US once in a while. Over the years I got my Dominican citizenship, lived with some family in the campo in cotui, and currently residing in SD. Honestly, if you can make it work here financially and look over some certain aspects you'll have a great time here. I'd recommend doing what I did and stay for a year or two before making the big decision to move permanently. As for me, I'd like to live here permanently, but financially it is tough for me since the wages are so low here and I currently have a low vision disability which doesn't help lol. I'd recommend exploring around the country a bit, make some friends, get more in tune with your culture and just take it one day at a time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Wonderland!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast