New but not.

Sep 14, 2017
Hello everyone.

Great site that I have used a few times. Joined today and still making my decision on living here. Am half Dominican and been coming here all my life and finally decided to see if it's something to move to and if it's for me. My family is here and my mother who has businesses here so she does well. Currently living in Santo Domingo and slowly getting a feel for the lifestyle. I look forward to chatting with people and asking a lot of questions.

Cheers

Donnad722

Mar 22, 2016
New But Not

Hello everyone.

Great site that I have used a few times. Joined today and still making my decision on living here. Am half Dominican and been coming here all my life and finally decided to see if it's something to move to and if it's for me. My family is here and my mother who has businesses here so she does well. Currently living in Santo Domingo and slowly getting a feel for the lifestyle. I look forward to chatting with people and asking a lot of questions.

Cheers

Welcocme! You can always change your mind later. For now, enjoy the place with your family and friends.

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
Hello everyone.

Cheers

Welcome,
Like you I am half Dominican and decided to come here long term in 2013 to practice Spanish and see where life took me. I've stayed at years at a time with traveling back to the US once in a while. Over the years I got my Dominican citizenship, lived with some family in the campo in cotui, and currently residing in SD. Honestly, if you can make it work here financially and look over some certain aspects you'll have a great time here. I'd recommend doing what I did and stay for a year or two before making the big decision to move permanently. As for me, I'd like to live here permanently, but financially it is tough for me since the wages are so low here and I currently have a low vision disability which doesn't help lol. I'd recommend exploring around the country a bit, make some friends, get more in tune with your culture and just take it one day at a time.