Fuegos Artificiales

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Years ago I used to buy great fireworks in Sosua, in fact they sold them under the tree in Playero parking lot. But then they disappeared. We are talking rockets that flew quite high.
So today I'm reading Detras Del Rumor about the molestation of a 13-year old, by her own father, who is : al director de la Unidad contra Fuegos Artificiales del Ministerio de Interior y Policía en Santiago.
I never knew there was an anti-fireworks police unit, but maybe that explains why they have become scarce (the good ones).
Seems this "Director" needs to have his own "Piccalo Pete" confiscated.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
For everyone they catch, one has to wonder how many others don't get caught.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
The government banned selling fireworks like they used to in the Playero car park many years ago...thank god. There were so many accidents throughout the country that they finally took action. Don't get me wrong, I love fireworks but in the hands of people that not educated in the safety of fireworks they are potentially lethal. You can now only buy fireworks through authorized suppliers but I am sure there is a black market for them, just as there is for pretty much anything you want here!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After the fireworks disappeared in Sosua I was able to find them in Santiago and Nagua but now I don't know where the good ones are sold. With the flood of Chinese immigrants in Santo Domingo the past decade there must be some being imported, since that is where they are made.
Does anyone know where to buy them? I'd like to put on another show for Christmas in the campo.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk