Porsche Santo Domingo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
If anyone was planning to buy a new Porsche at the official dealership for the DR, you might have to wait a while. Depends if the owners pay the taxes they owe.

At least the 'clausurado' signs on the windows look like those the government puts on businesses closed due to tax evasion.

Such a shame. That dealership often ranked number one in sales for Latin America relative to the market size.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Why, why, would anyone in their right mind buy a porsche in santo domingo?? The idea alone is stupefying. In GE, or UK, when you can get on the autobahn, or A4 and open it up; but Santo Domingo???

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Why, why, would anyone in their right mind buy a porsche in santo domingo?? The idea alone is stupefying. In GE, or UK, when you can get on the autobahn, or A4 and open it up; but Santo Domingo???

Do you really think a Porsche owner is worried about the roads in Santo Domingo?

Why do you think this person is buying a Porsche?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Damm. Just when I had the wife talked into a new GT4 Carrera. We were looking forward to destroying tires and wheels on potholes, ripping the whole under carriage out on broken asphalt and launching the thing off speed bumps.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today's DR1 News:

Porsche dealership closed by DGII
The Tax Agency (DGII) has closed the company Porsche Center in Santo Domingo owned by the family of the deceased politician Jacinto B. Peynado Garrigosa. On the entrance to the business, located in Bolivar Avenue with Lincoln, the DGII affixed a notice saying closed.
Neither the DGII nor company representatives have given any explanation
http://almomento.net/dgii-clausura-e...milia-peynado/

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my guess is that many porsches sold here were them jeepetas. cayenne and macan. family fren had a macan, good looking ride.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
my guess is that many porsches sold here were them jeepetas. cayenne and macan. family fren had a macan, good looking ride.
I have two friends with newer Porsche spendy sports cars. They also have nice spendy BMW motersickels.

They get out in nice weather for cruises. There is a Porsche club that travels all around in packs staying at nice resorts.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
IMG_0025.jpg

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015

Because its a sexy car, and chicas love them. Das all I can think of

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

What is wrong with a Cayenne? My Sil and her husband drive one. Never ever a problem. They are good quality reliable jeepetas.
If I could afford one in the campo ( zero possible maintenance ) that's mine...( after the RR ;))

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Take the JEEP Hemi....Same HP and thrust.... less mtce , more reliable,

The service Manager at the Ferrari / Maserati dealership in Philadelphia steered me in that direction.

He quoted me new brakes at some HUGE number...

He was right........and saved me 000's...tens of them

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
Any controlled risks expert would advise against a high visibility vehicle in the DR.
Your better off in a decent brand with a more common nameplate.
Just stating the obvious.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
If it's new great. But the price for parts is very high so if you can't afford new not a wise choice.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I have two friends with newer Porsche spendy sports cars. They also have nice spendy BMW motersickels.

They get out in nice weather for cruises. There is a Porsche club that travels all around in packs staying at nice resorts.
[video=youtube;Je-bQQ56SxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je-bQQ56SxY[/video]

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
WTF?? an automatic porsche ? Just kill me now. I'd sooner go fishing for a yellowfin tuna with a zebco 404.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
[video=youtube;Je-bQQ56SxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je-bQQ56SxY[/video]

i notice that most of these cars depicted in the video are really late model iterations, with very few, if any, iconic older models. that leads me to wonder if this is really some nouveau riche display of purchasing power, as opposed to a genuine love of the craftsmanship of the marque.