Hello everyone, new on the forum

frenchfamilly

Sep 17, 2017
Hello everyone
Just registered on this forum which I read everyday…plenty of interesting chats and this is very useful for expats!
Many thanks to all of you for the hints you give.
Me and my husband, and our 12 years old daughter, live full-time between Sosua and Cabarete, since December 2015.
We are French, and we decided to leave Europe 2 years ago : up to now, no regrets!
I will be happy to share with you.
Kind regards

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello everyone
Just registered on this forum which I read everyday…plenty of interesting chats and this is very useful for expats!
Me and my husband, and our 12 years old daughter, live full-time between Sosua and Cabarete, since December 2015.
We are French, and we decided to leave Europe 2 years ago : up to now, no regrets!
Kind regards

Bonjour!! It sounds like you are enjoying the DR. Do you own a local business? I lived in Las Terrenas for a number of years. A very large French population there. Good luck and good travels.

Donnad722

Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone

Hello everyone
Kind regards

welcome. I am happy that you like it here in the DR.

frenchfamilly

Sep 17, 2017
Hello
Thanks for your warm welcome! Yes, lot's of Frenchies in Las Terrenas, but we prefered to settle in the North, where there are much more Canadians, Americans, English, Germans, Swiss…We are very fond of the diversity of nationalities.
We do not work, only enjoying life! Our daughter attended an International School in Sosua, last year, but we discovered it was BUSINESS and not EDUCATION (many things to tell about this topics); so we started homeschooling 2 weeks ago.
Where are you from?
Kind regards

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello
Thanks for your warm welcome! Yes, lot's of Frenchies in Las Terrenas, but we prefered to settle in the North, where there are much more Canadians, Americans, English, Germans, Swiss…We are very fond of the diversity of nationalities.
We do not work, only enjoying life! Our daughter attended an International School in Sosua, last year, but we discovered it was BUSINESS and not EDUCATION (many things to tell about this topics); so we started homeschooling 2 weeks ago.
Where are you from?
Kind regards

My wife and I are from the USA and currently live in Newark, Delaware. Owned a condo in LT for about 6 years but have been coming to the DR for over 35. We originally started travelling to the DR to see Dominican friends we met originally in NY and had moved back to Santo Domingo. Bon chance.