Thread: LADIES ONLY! More results about sankies

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LADIES ONLY! More results about sankies

Continuing on with the research among foreign ladies in a relationship/married to a Dominican man, let’s look at where the sankies and visa hunters came from.

The main place for “he used me for a visa” was Puerto Plata with 55% compared to the overall sample where 32% came from POP. Other places were Santo Domingo with 17%, then one person only from each of Mao, Higuey, the campo, Boca Chica and San Pedro.

The sankies also seemed to come mainly from POP with 41% from there, followed by Punta Cana/Bavaro with 14% (compared to 8,7% for the whole sample), Santo Domingo with 17% and Samana with 9%. Santo Domingo is slightly less likely to have visa hunters or sankies as men from there made up 19% of the whole sample. Other places for sankies with 2 each were Higuey and the campo, and one each for Jarabacoa and San Pedro de Macoris.

Looking at age, across the overall sample, 65.3% were aged 20-30, which went up to 66% for the visa seekers and 71% for the sankies. The overall sample had 28.2% aged 31-40, for the visa seekers it was higher at 33% and sankies lower at 22%. And there were two sankies aged 41-50, at 7% in line with the overall sample.

Next post will look at their jobs and whether or not they spoke English.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

2. Likes dulce, Jelly liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised Punta Cana % isn't higher now. They receive the most tourists.
    Looks like PP sankies are better at it or the tourists are more naive.

4. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sankies in POP would have more experience I'd say...

6. Likes Jelly liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the question asked where was your husband from not where did you meet him, so the chances are many in Punta Cana/Bavaro come from other parts of the island. The majority of the divorces I do, the men come from POP so probably best to stay away from them lol.

matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

8. Likes dulce liked this post