LADIES ONLY! More results about sankies

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Continuing on with the research among foreign ladies in a relationship/married to a Dominican man, let’s look at where the sankies and visa hunters came from.

The main place for “he used me for a visa” was Puerto Plata with 55% compared to the overall sample where 32% came from POP. Other places were Santo Domingo with 17%, then one person only from each of Mao, Higuey, the campo, Boca Chica and San Pedro.

The sankies also seemed to come mainly from POP with 41% from there, followed by Punta Cana/Bavaro with 14% (compared to 8,7% for the whole sample), Santo Domingo with 17% and Samana with 9%. Santo Domingo is slightly less likely to have visa hunters or sankies as men from there made up 19% of the whole sample. Other places for sankies with 2 each were Higuey and the campo, and one each for Jarabacoa and San Pedro de Macoris.

Looking at age, across the overall sample, 65.3% were aged 20-30, which went up to 66% for the visa seekers and 71% for the sankies. The overall sample had 28.2% aged 31-40, for the visa seekers it was higher at 33% and sankies lower at 22%. And there were two sankies aged 41-50, at 7% in line with the overall sample.

Next post will look at their jobs and whether or not they spoke English.

Matilda

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am surprised Punta Cana % isn't higher now. They receive the most tourists.
Looks like PP sankies are better at it or the tourists are more naive.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think the question asked where was your husband from not where did you meet him, so the chances are many in Punta Cana/Bavaro come from other parts of the island. The majority of the divorces I do, the men come from POP so probably best to stay away from them lol.

matilda