Thread: New Franchise help

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb New Franchise help

Hello
    i am planing with my partner to travel DR and see chances to open new international food franchise
    do you think is it risky
    please advice and help
    Thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dubaisub View Post
    Hello
    i am planing with my partner to travel DR and see chances to open new international food franchise
    do you think is it risky
    please advice and help
    Thanks
    depends on what type of food you are planning to sell..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Any U.S. based franchise that I've seen open starts out great and I assume if your service level is any good at all (meaning better than typical D.R. customer service) you should do fine. I don't know where your franchisor is from and also name recognition is key. If it is a new franchise obviously there will be less of a draw.
    Make sure you do the typical D.R. grand opening and invite the radio / tv / news channels.

Good luck!

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Business advice: don't.

Period.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If your name is an indication that you will be selling sub sandwiches, from what I have seen at the Subway in Bavaro I would do a ton of research then follow cobraboy's advice.
    From my experience other than expats Dominicans don't eat a lot of sandwiches.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    If your name is an indication that you will be selling sub sandwiches, from what I have seen at the Subway in Bavaro I would do a ton of research then follow cobraboy's advice.
    From my experience other than expats Dominicans don't eat a lot of sandwiches.
    oh, they eat a lot of sandwiches, all right. they just dont eat the kind of sandwiches which are going to keep a franchise in business. they eat a ton of jamon y queso made on those panini style presses, which sell for 50 pesos. forget about hoagies and philly cheese steaks, and stuff like that. they are not laying out that kind of money...

7. Likes caribmike, Africaida liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

5 years ago I was commissioned to make studies of International Franchises coming to RD.
    First ofall you must think like a Dominican, eat like a Dominican and spend your money like a Dominican ; then you will refrain from trying to make a buck by changing the diet here,
    The most successful fast Food restaurants here are pizza. But one does not need an International Franchise to make and sell Pizza.
    Your investment is your business , and I wish you well.... just be careful of your motive.
    Return on investment may not be what you would expect.
    And I am a positive thinker, with a thousand good ideas which remain in my computer.

Good luck.
    Russell

9. Likes 2dlight liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a turn around for 2 U.S. franchises here before starting my own companies. Once profitable they sold for a bundle and are still turning a profit (current owner is also one of the largest U.S. pizza franchise owners in the D.R.).
    Geographical market also plays a role in anticipated success of a franchise, local vs. extranjeros.
    I think McDonalds and Wendy's do very well (never eat that crap here or the states). Based on the drop in sales in the states they may do better here than in the states especially since they don't abide by U.S. specials like "dollar menu" or whatever it is.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dubaisub View Post
    Hello
    do you think is it risky
    please advice and help
    Thanks
    Yes.
    No matter the product the market is highly illiquid. I dont think franchises are run here to actually make money but just represent a place in the market.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk