Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchasing an Invertor

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My one supports 3 of the 6 KDK ceiling fans we have installed when power is gone and they hum which drives me nuts. Did not know that withn the sine wave and running smoother. Thanks beeza !

How do I know what brand is sine wave or what model one has to look for?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    My one supports 3 of the 6 KDK ceiling fans we have installed when power is gone and they hum which drives me nuts. Did not know that withn the sine wave and running smoother. Thanks beeza !

How do I know what brand is sine wave or what model one has to look for?
    MEGATONE does offer sine wave models. Be careful you don't get another "modified since wave" model since it will be the same as what you do have.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Megatone - where to buy?
    Their website: Megatone

They have several stores including Puerto Plata.

Megatone has expanded their product offerings. I see they also now have sine wave inverters. Generally sine wave inverters are much more expensive.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Their website: Megatone

They have several stores including Puerto Plata.

Megatone has expanded their product offerings. I see they also now have sine wave inverters. Generally sine wave inverters are much more expensive.
    That's a lot of info. I'm going to Santiago on Wednesday. Any chance you could recommend one or two models? Not sure I want to spend the money for a sine wave one...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by judypdr View Post
    That's a lot of info. I'm going to Santiago on Wednesday. Any chance you could recommend one or two models? Not sure I want to spend the money for a sine wave one...
    A Wave Lite is cheapest with no external controls to adjust, next is a Wave Platinum and has external controls to adjust.
    Then you just select the wattage capacity you need. Neither are sine wave models.

6. Likes cobraboy, judypdr liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by judypdr View Post
    I have the Wave Platinum 3624 (3.6kw output, 24v input.)

Your needs may vary. Determine your highest average 120v. wattage use and add some cushion. Our a/c, pool and cistern pumps and water heater are all 240v and are not connected to the inverter.

If you feel like spending more money, get the sine inverter. It's a better unit if you need it.

Make sure your entire electrical system is properly grounded.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Outback makes some good stuff too

Wellll. I do a little bit more then ceiling fans. And I really don't like Edenorte. My old Xantrax was giving out and since the company is no longer it was not worth a rebuild. I had some solar panels and had been pleased.

It was time to upgrade.

Upped my solar alot and added another Outback controller. Then went full ahead with this:

http://www.outbackpower.com/outback-...ategory_id=529

Plus all the bells and whistles that I could add. All said and done, I very seldom use Edenorte and run 120/240 pool pump, well, some AC ... everything including a separate full apt.

Several distributors for Outback and I've been very pleased with service and pricing. I did the import and installation myself and saved over U.S. $5K from the best local Dominican Quote. Payback in less then 6 years baseed on past Edenorte hiked up bills. I don't run out of power. Inverter/solar/generator/.... then them IF absolutely needed. Everything automatic after lots of programming... over and over but got the way I want it and works great.

Outback makes smaller inverters too.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Outback does make good stuff. The OP will certainly not like be paying the price of an Outback unit. And hopefully there is someone in the DR that is able to repair the Outback units if they fail. From what I could see, a 2 kW Outback inverter/charger is about $1,500 US. The Megatone units are in the $300 to $400 range. I realize we are talking apples and oranges, but the Megatone unit works OK for me since I have no solar.

10. Likes judypdr liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I was told circuit boards and some components were spec'd from China, but units assembled here.

First time conflicting info came from a company in the DR I'm sure.
    That I could believe. I know that assembling from components is considering "making", but I think of it as more like "assembling".

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by AlterEgo; 09-23-2017 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Can't see image?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast