Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchasing an Invertor

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Needing new batteries.
    Is trojan red t-105 still the brand/model of choice??? (damned expensive) Americana in SD is showing about 7krd on their web site,

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Needing new batteries.
    Is trojan red t-105 still the brand/model of choice??? (damned expensive) Americana in SD is showing about 7krd on their web site,
    They are the only kind I go with after trying others that just did not last as long. They sell at a price that is about $150 US. Been that way for a while. 7,000RD/47.5= $147.37 US

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where would you purchase this in Punta Cana area?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Needing new batteries.
    I have Interstate, and like them so far. Plus Interstate has proven to be very good at honoring guarantees. (I have Interstate gel batteries in my vehicles as well)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I have Interstate, and like them so far. Plus Interstate has proven to be very good at honoring guarantees. (I have Interstate gel batteries in my vehicles as well)
    Interstate makes the best car batteries and I buy them when I can for cars. I suspect they will be good for deep cycle batteries but have no experience there.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Interstate makes the best car batteries and I buy them when I can for cars. I suspect they will be good for deep cycle batteries but have no experience there.
    I have always gone with Trojans, but I always had to top them off occasionally. I've got a year with the Interstates, and have only topped them off once, and very little water at that.

I don't know if that indicates anything, but I'm a happy camper.

Edit: They were $120 each.
    Last edited by JDJones; 09-27-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Depend where they are

If they are like in our case in the maids room I would go with gel batteries, cost a bit more but no maintenance required and mine are 5 years already and still all good.

I have always gone with Trojans, but I always had to top them off occasionally. I've got a year with the Interstates, and have only topped them off once, and very little water at that.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's 2k cheaper than the trojans. where did you get them I think interstate has a store on delgado/santiago in SD.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by webmacon View Post
    If they are like in our case in the maids room I would go with gel batteries, cost a bit more but no maintenance required and mine are 5 years already and still all good.
    My car batteries are gel, my inverter batteries are not.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's 2k cheaper than the trojans. where did you get them I think interstate has a store on delgado/santiago in SD.

Their store is on the corner of Churchill and Calle Luis F. Thomen. A little south of the Metro bus Station.
    Last edited by JDJones; 09-27-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast