Hotel Romanoff in Sosua ????

Mopar man

Oct 27, 2015
Good morning,

I just have a few quick questions concerning the old Hotel Romanoff in sosua. Does anyone know if it is still open / operating? Is old Vladimir still there / alive?? And does anyone have a phone number or contact info for the old place? The number I have from a couple of years ago does not get a answer when I try it??

Cheers.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The Hotel I believe is closed,
the Restaurant part was taken over by some Dominicans , who even photocopied the Old Menus which Andy and Klaus had when they Cooked and ran it ( if you were a guest there before you probably already knew that)
.. not sure if that Restaurant is still open, but dont be fooled by the meny . its not the same food .
The may know more about the Hotel though.
Or Better yet go see Andy at Rancho , near Playa Alicia .. Im sure he would know the full story
And let him make a nice Schnitzel for you...
he only runs the great little Restaurant inside ..
but they have nice rooms there also ..
a Win WIN...

Mopar man

Oct 27, 2015
OK folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and to pass on your information. In spite of Lobo's opinion :) Over the years I have spent many an enjoyable month at the Romanoff.

I always enjoyed the Hotel, the pool, Vladimir, the location ... and the somewhat eclectic and interesting crowd that inhabited the Romanoff.

When life stops being interesting and becomes a 'dump' it is truly a shame .....

Cheers to all
Enjoy

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I just walked by there. Restaurant definitely looks like it's been closed for a while. But the hotel looked open. 

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They had real good Thai food when the original owners were there.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Go to Rancho Hotel, Andy is now over there , the Thai food are his recipes.

That is good to know, I almost went there yesterday for the first time, but stopped at Margot California Restaurant instead (good Italian food).

Good to know those Thai recipes live on at Rancho.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Ahh the Romanoff....I stayed there 8 weeks 1 summer....very basic as no a/c and nice mix of locals and ex pats staying there...great price at 55 usd a week! Gal with the England accent was great as their manager!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Stayed there once in 2012. Was quiet, owners seemed like nice people. It was still closed last time I
passed by there about a year ago.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I heard from someone reliable that Romanoff is open, but it only rents for a minimum of one month, so they like long term expats as oppose to tourists....