Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more walking from Kite Beach to Cabarete center? - HAPPENING NOW

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No more walking from Kite Beach to Cabarete center? - HAPPENING NOW

Anybody that like the walk between the center and Kite Beach should go to Bozo beach now. Or school that gives lesson there... no more I say. Big machines in there putting and moving stones almost to the waterline in front of SeaWinds...and yeah it was not even high tide.

Sad, but I guess money talk.

2. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Anybody that like the walk between the center and Kite Beach should go to Bozo beach now. Or school that gives lesson there... no more I say. Big machines in there putting and moving stones almost to the waterline in front of SeaWinds...and yeah it was not even high tide.

Sorry, not clear on what your saying. Are you saying seawinds has blocked the beach with rocks to prohibit people from walking past it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

We also heard that SeaWinds is moving the stones farther out towards the ocean in an apparent move to take over the rest of what's left of the beach in the area.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Big machines in there putting and moving stones almost to the waterline in front of SeaWinds...

Are they parallel with the beach line or perpendicular?

They may be trying to "create" more beach. Or create a larger peninsula sticking out? (if that small peninsula is front of them.

This one, right?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Are they parallel with the beach line or perpendicular?

They may be trying to "create" more beach. Or create a larger peninsula sticking out? (if that small peninsula is front of them.

This one, right?

As far as I'm concerned it's build too close to the ocean.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ministry orders removing infrastructure less than 60 meters from the sea

Ministry orders removing infrastructure less than 60 meters from the sea

The Ministry of the Environment has ordered that all infrastructure that impede free access and that are less than 60 meters from the sea, be removed. In addition, the Ministry ordered that structures any less than 30 meters from the edges of rivers, lakes, lagoons and reservoirs also be removed.

In a document dated 6 September, it instructs the deputy ministries, the provincial offices and the National Service of Environmental Protection (SENPA) to comply with the ruling.

A press release explained that the measure is based on the Constitution, Article 15 that states that sources of rivers and zones of endemic biodiversity are subject to special protection by public bodies to guarantee their sustainable management and preservation as fundamental assets of the nation.

--------
    The above should read that such infrastructure won't be removed if you have the money to afford such a LIFESTYLE...

8. Likes drboal, Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

100% aGREED.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
    As far as I'm concerned it's build too close to the ocean.

How does the 60 meter law read? Is waters edge low tide? High tide? An average?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is average of high tide line.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I think it is average of high tide line.
    According to GoogleEarth, 9/2017 has them with a setback of about 30 meters from the high tide line. In 2009, they had about 50 meters.

There's some guestimating in there re high tide average, so give or take 10 meters either way. But it looks like they've lost beachfront.

13. Likes frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast