No more walking from Kite Beach to Cabarete center? - HAPPENING NOW

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Anybody that like the walk between the center and Kite Beach should go to Bozo beach now. Or school that gives lesson there... no more I say. Big machines in there putting and moving stones almost to the waterline in front of SeaWinds...and yeah it was not even high tide.

Sad, but I guess money talk.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Anybody that like the walk between the center and Kite Beach should go to Bozo beach now. Or school that gives lesson there... no more I say. Big machines in there putting and moving stones almost to the waterline in front of SeaWinds...and yeah it was not even high tide.

Sorry, not clear on what your saying. Are you saying seawinds has blocked the beach with rocks to prohibit people from walking past it?

Jan 17, 2009
We also heard that SeaWinds is moving the stones farther out towards the ocean in an apparent move to take over the rest of what's left of the beach in the area.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Big machines in there putting and moving stones almost to the waterline in front of SeaWinds...

Are they parallel with the beach line or perpendicular?

They may be trying to "create" more beach. Or create a larger peninsula sticking out? (if that small peninsula is front of them.

This one, right?

39628293.jpg

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Are they parallel with the beach line or perpendicular?

They may be trying to "create" more beach. Or create a larger peninsula sticking out? (if that small peninsula is front of them.

This one, right?

39628293.jpg

As far as I'm concerned it's build too close to the ocean.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ministry orders removing infrastructure less than 60 meters from the sea

Ministry orders removing infrastructure less than 60 meters from the sea

The Ministry of the Environment has ordered that all infrastructure that impede free access and that are less than 60 meters from the sea, be removed. In addition, the Ministry ordered that structures any less than 30 meters from the edges of rivers, lakes, lagoons and reservoirs also be removed.

In a document dated 6 September, it instructs the deputy ministries, the provincial offices and the National Service of Environmental Protection (SENPA) to comply with the ruling.

A press release explained that the measure is based on the Constitution, Article 15 that states that sources of rivers and zones of endemic biodiversity are subject to special protection by public bodies to guarantee their sustainable management and preservation as fundamental assets of the nation.

--------
The above should read that such infrastructure won't be removed if you have the money to afford such a LIFESTYLE...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I think it is average of high tide line.

According to GoogleEarth, 9/2017 has them with a setback of about 30 meters from the high tide line. In 2009, they had about 50 meters.

There's some guestimating in there re high tide average, so give or take 10 meters either way. But it looks like they've lost beachfront.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012

Good news. The pile of stone that was close to the water...They are moving stone by stone and putting them alongside the property. If no more stones all should be fine.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good news. The pile of stone that was close to the water...They are moving stone by stone and putting them alongside the property. If no more stones all should be fine.

[video=youtube;cuyENi0cPjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuyENi0cPjg[/video]

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, it is.

Mean high tide.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mnay waterfront properties have these measurement problems.

In the case of a clifftop residence on the ocean -
Is the measurement to include the cliff's height or not?

Measuring shoreline is an other issue...
The seller wants to measure every inch of shoreline, bays, inlets- todo
The buyer looks at point to point... no wiggles in the tape measure.

Always an argument

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

so. much ado about nothing?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Mnay waterfront properties have these measurement problems.

In the case of a clifftop residence on the ocean -
Is the measurement to include the cliff's height or not?

Measuring shoreline is an other issue...
The seller wants to measure every inch of shoreline, bays, inlets- todo
The buyer looks at point to point... no wiggles in the tape measure.

Always an argument

Unless you are on a solid cliff.. the 60 meter set back will change.

What was 60 meters yesterday is now gone today.

The tide is so minuscule that it really does not matter with a couple of inches overall.

I've watched California communities spend millions with big rock protection. I've seen it in the D.R. too.

Never works. Never

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
before posting, read the title of the thread. next person to go off topic will get an infraction. thanks.