Raul Mondesi going to jail for embezzlement of $6.3 million

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Bergen Record has the story:

"Former Los Angeles Dodgers star Raul Mondesi, who also played for the Yankees, has been sentenced to eight years in prison after being convicted of embezzlement during his term as mayor of his hometown in the Dominican Republic.

The district court of San Cristobal, a town west of the capital Santo Domingo, also ordered this week that Mondesi pay a $1.3 million fine.

The Attorney General's office charged Mondesi of embezzling $6.3 million while he was mayor of San Cristobal from 2010-16, according to the court."

http://bleedingyankeeblue.blogspot.com/2017/09/raul-mondesi-is-headed-to-slammer.html

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Low hanging fruit on a very large tree.

Should have stuck with beisbol - It takes a while to learn how to embezzle and take bribes and kickbacks without being caught. I think you can major in Corruption with a minor in Offshore Banking at the Universities here. He must have just had an associates degree

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Read an article this morning that said he wasn't a popular person, even as a baseball player he was disliked.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
If you are an inveterate gambler (he is/was a big time gallero) you will need a way to supplement your vice I suppose. Maybe they allow cockfights in the local prisons?:)

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
If you are an inveterate gambler (he is/was a big time gallero) you will need a way to supplement your vice I suppose. Maybe they allow cockfights in the local prisons?:)
There's an unintended but very funny pun in this post.