Banking Opportunities in Santo Domingo?

nrg2003

Jul 25, 2017
Is anyone here familiar with or does anyone work at a banking firm, investment company or hedge fund in Santo Domingo? If so, I have a few questions! Gracias. 

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
There is always Scotiabank in Santo Domingo.
A Canadian International Bank... And from what I can tell the only Canadian International Bank in RD.
Check the out
They have better information than I could give.
Russell

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
There is always Scotiabank in Santo Domingo.
A Canadian International Bank... And from what I can tell the only Canadian International Bank in RD.
Check the out
They have better information than I could give.
Russell

You are right, the only Canadian bank in Dominican Rep. is Scotiabank.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
While a bank in the DR may share an affiliation with another bank elsewhere, that affiliation might not be as close as you would think. All banks here have their own regulations in the DR. Scotia bank is just one of many DR bank. Banreservas, Banco Popular, Banco BHD Leon are some other DR banks.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
While a bank in the DR may share an affiliation with another bank elsewhere, that affiliation might not be as close as you would think. All banks here have their own regulations in the DR. Scotia bank is just one of many DR bank. Banreservas, Banco Popular, Banco BHD Leon are some other DR banks.

I agree, however the connection with Scotiabank in Canada affords greater investment opportunities for the RD Bank.... they are well connected, I am able to simply call my Scotiabank in Canada and they send funds to my Scotiabank here in POP.
Then again maybe that is possible with all RD Banks. No se.
Regardless check the worth of RD Scotiabank it is quite interesting and it has been here for a very ling time. I just look for stability and growth.
Russell

nrg2003

Jul 25, 2017

Thanks! I was just wondering because I'm interested in banking opportunities in Sto. Domingo as employment but first wanted to see what was down there. I don't have any connects but currently live in Miami so I should start making some :) 

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you can live on less than $75 US Per week to start come on down...............

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I beg your pardon? I know bankers in Santo Domingo make more than this. 

How long have they worked? This guy is just starting. Plus, if he does not speak fluent Spanish he can forget about even working in a bank here.