Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adenoid removal for child

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Adenoid removal for child

I have been told that my 7 year old daughter needs to have her adenoids removed (Adenoidectomy). I had the same when I was her age and so it is no big surprise to me and she is having the same breathing problems as I did. Has anyone here had their child undergo the operation here on the north coast and if so can you recommend the doctor in Puerto Plata or even Santiago?
    Thanks...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it have to be north coast? My daughter had them removed in SD. Can recommend that doctor.

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly's foster son is the best ENT doctor in the country and practises in Santaigo. I can't remember his name so suggest you pm Hillbilly. He did an amazing job on my throat.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

4. Likes Robert liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Eddy Alfonso Estévez

Centro Médico Cibao, Ave Juan Pablo Duarte, across from the Texaco Station.

Tel 809 971 6625. He is the only one that picks this one up...if in English go slow.

HB

His hours are from 9:30--12:00 +/- and from 2:30--5:00 +/-. On Fridays only in the morning...

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much, appreciate it

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend you ask for a second opinion. Growing up, removing adenoids was very common. In Europe, the trend has reversed.

My son was recommended by a very good ENT to have his removed, my ped. was against it and told me to wait it out as sometimes some of the issues might resolved as the kid grows up. I followed my ped advice and he was right.

Of course, I am not a medical professional and I don't know your daughter's issues.

Best of luck !

8. Likes pelaut, bienamor liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    I would recommend you ask for a second opinion. Growing up, removing adenoids was very common. In Europe, the trend has reversed.

My son was recommended by a very good ENT to have his removed, my ped. was against it and told me to wait it out as sometimes some of the issues might resolved as the kid grows up. I followed my ped advice and he was right.

Of course, I am not a medical professional and I don't know your daughter's issues.

Best of luck !
    Used to be the same with tonsils! recurrent infection etc jerk them out, now days is not so common.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was reversed again. When I was a child it was routine....then it was not done, I heard now they are much easier on doing it again. For my daughter it made a big difference in how she looked and how often she had running nose etc. 

The doctor that did the procedure was dr. de Jesus de Jesus in Santo Domingo (Medicalnet). Another one I could recommend and who is specialized in 'apnea de sueño' is dr. Beluccio in Corazones Unidos. 

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

if the position on removal changes... study it up.

I had my tonsils removed at 3 yrs old... then they stopped ....
    where they are now - I don't know.

Adenoids and tonsils serve a purpose....but removal may be beneficial in some cases

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Adenoid removal is definitely essential in some cases .I had mine out before I was 5 because I was roaring like a bull when asleep ..but that was 71 years ago and I can still remember the hospital scene when I woke up sfter the operation..thank goodness the anesthetics are so much better now .

13. Likes bienamor liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast