Adenoid removal for child

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have been told that my 7 year old daughter needs to have her adenoids removed (Adenoidectomy). I had the same when I was her age and so it is no big surprise to me and she is having the same breathing problems as I did. Has anyone here had their child undergo the operation here on the north coast and if so can you recommend the doctor in Puerto Plata or even Santiago?
Thanks...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Does it have to be north coast? My daughter had them removed in SD. Can recommend that doctor.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Hillbilly's foster son is the best ENT doctor in the country and practises in Santaigo. I can't remember his name so suggest you pm Hillbilly. He did an amazing job on my throat.

Matilda

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dr. Eddy Alfonso Estévez

Centro Médico Cibao, Ave Juan Pablo Duarte, across from the Texaco Station.

Tel 809 971 6625. He is the only one that picks this one up...if in English go slow.

HB

His hours are from 9:30--12:00 +/- and from 2:30--5:00 +/-. On Fridays only in the morning...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I would recommend you ask for a second opinion. Growing up, removing adenoids was very common. In Europe, the trend has reversed.

My son was recommended by a very good ENT to have his removed, my ped. was against it and told me to wait it out as sometimes some of the issues might resolved as the kid grows up. I followed my ped advice and he was right.

Of course, I am not a medical professional and I don't know your daughter's issues.

Best of luck !

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I would recommend you ask for a second opinion. Growing up, removing adenoids was very common. In Europe, the trend has reversed.

My son was recommended by a very good ENT to have his removed, my ped. was against it and told me to wait it out as sometimes some of the issues might resolved as the kid grows up. I followed my ped advice and he was right.

Of course, I am not a medical professional and I don't know your daughter's issues.

Best of luck !

Used to be the same with tonsils! recurrent infection etc jerk them out, now days is not so common.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think it was reversed again. When I was a child it was routine....then it was not done, I heard now they are much easier on doing it again. For my daughter it made a big difference in how she looked and how often she had running nose etc. 

The doctor that did the procedure was dr. de Jesus de Jesus in Santo Domingo (Medicalnet). Another one I could recommend and who is specialized in 'apnea de sueño' is dr. Beluccio in Corazones Unidos. 

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
if the position on removal changes... study it up.

I had my tonsils removed at 3 yrs old... then they stopped ....
where they are now - I don't know.

Adenoids and tonsils serve a purpose....but removal may be beneficial in some cases

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Adenoid removal is definitely essential in some cases .I had mine out before I was 5 because I was roaring like a bull when asleep ..but that was 71 years ago and I can still remember the hospital scene when I woke up sfter the operation..thank goodness the anesthetics are so much better now .

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Dr. Eddy Alfonso Estévez

Tel 809 971 6625. He is the only one that picks this one up...if in English go slow.

HB

His hours are from 9:30--12:00 +/- and from 2:30--5:00 +/-. On Fridays only in the morning...

I cannot emphasise how brilliant he was. Not only did he enable me to speak again, which no other surgeon could do, he also fixed the scar caused by the tracheotomy and even came from Santiago to Juan Dolio to see how I was doing. I have recommended him to other people and they have all been very very impressed and satisfied.

Matilda

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Dr. Eddy Alfonso Estévez

HB

From personal experience, Highly recommended!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
My husband went to Eddy upon Hillbilly' s recommendation and he also had a positive experience. The unique circumstances for Matilda speaks volumes about his expertise.