Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Couple Arrested in Cabarete

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default American Couple Arrested in Cabarete

According to dominicantoday.com, An American couple and their Dominican "companion" were arrested Thursday in Cabarete for swimming in the beach despite the hurricane Maria anti swimming ban.

What do people think about this? Now Gringos are getting arrested on the beach. Wow...

What's next for this "Caribbean Paradise"?

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

You finally deciding the place isn't right for you and moving on?

You accepting the fact that you're not going to leave, and complaining is futile?

You recognizing that your attitude might have a tiny bit to do with your unhappiness here?
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I see nothing wrong with it. The swimming ban is put in place for a reason.

4. Likes sabra, ramesses, CFA123, Russell, Garyexpat and 10 others liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by businessdr View Post
    According to dominicantoday.com, An American couple and their Dominican "companion" were arrested Thursday in Cabarete for swimming in the beach despite the hurricane Maria anti swimming ban.

What do people think about this? Now Gringos are getting arrested on the beach. Wow...

What would you have written if they would have drowned then? 

6. Likes ramesses, CFA123, KateP, Kipling333, Conchman and 2 others liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by businessdr View Post

so gringos should not be arrested for violating the law of the land? and why exactly is this, pray tell?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    What would you have written if they would have drowned then? 
    Very nice way to put it...lol

9. Likes CFA123, Kipling333, trustquest liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, there was an arrest of two american fools bathing off long beach during bed alert:
    http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/ve....aspx?Id=25488

North Coast Moderator

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

American idiots get arrested for violating a swimming ban put in place because of a hurricane and someone gets upset about it?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was nearly arrested for playing frisbee with a bunch of my Air Force mates on Virginia Beach.

It was mid April and we were the only ones there on a rather chilly day.  A cop saw us and rushed over to us on his quad bike and very sternly pointed to the sign saying that ball games were not permitted on the beach.

Arguing the fact that a frisbee was not technically a ball, was only met with consternation from the cop and told me to stop being a wise a$$, or I would find myself in jail.

So I politely asked the cop where the local planning department office was.  He asked why.  I replied that perhaps we would need to submit planning permission before we built a sand castle on his precious beach!

13. Likes Conchman, RDKNIGHT, Garyexpat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Good- when jackasses do stupid **** like this - someone has to try to save them or at least retrieve the bodies - taking away resources from the rest of the people during a potential emergency so you can brag to your friends that you swam in a hurricane is ****ing selfish as well as stupid - hope they get jail- then drown

15. Likes trustquest, ExDR liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast