Accident near Coconut Palms

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Accidents happen so frequently at that spot because drivers avoid the bad spots by straddling the center line of the highway. The road was patched up but is degrading again. Many accidents happen there compared to other stretches of the road between Cabarete and Sosua for that very reason. Nobody wants to correctly repave that part of the road for some reason, while every barrio is getting repaved.

I read the article and I agree with it.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
There is a Kia Sportage sitting in front of the Cabarete police station right now. It looks terrible. They just brought it there yesterday.

Frank

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is a Kia Sportage sitting in front of the Cabarete police station right now. It looks terrible. They just brought it there yesterday.

Frank

Look like this?

25-25-12-37-49-5191004.jpg

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Besides the rough road sections that drivers are always trying to avoid, add in the fact that the road curves there and it's also on an incline there so you can't see oncoming vehicles very far ahead. Then consider that Dominicans think there's alway room for three vehicles on a two lane road at the same spot at the same time. No wonder there's a lot of accidents there.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
In the afternoon the shadows hide the potholes. People move for things that aren't there. Plus the new Calmodo on the road does not help. Things just seem to get worse. It's like the corner at Kite beach at night.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Yes, exactly like that. I saw it in front of the Police Station yesterday.

That's an easily survivable wreck. You guys had me primed for a bad one. Not even a decomposing dead body visible through the windshield.
By Domincan photojournalism standards this in nothing.

Catseye

Nov 7, 2009
Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic
 One time I let my friend drive my car and on one of those little pot holes between Perla Marina and Coconut Palms he popped one of my run flat tires.  Cost me $500.  But I want run flats here.  I'm not going to get stuck on the road and have to change a tire while being a sitting duck.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So its you painting the circles around some of the bigger potholes? Always wondered who did that, thanks.
Thanks windeguy I'll even buy you more yellow paint. And could you paint stripes on the speed bumps so I quit launching my step daughter to the roof of the car in the back seat.
Speed bumps are supposed to be subtle. Some around the North Coast are higher than the front bumper of a Hummer.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Looks like the crumple zone worked well. What happened to the other vehicle?

If it was the other car that was there in front of the Police station, the rear side(can't remember which side) was pretty badly damaged - like it had pulled out from a driveway somewhere(?).