Rental House in Distrito Nacional

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Looking for the following, appreciated are any tips for real-estate broker or actual homes:

- House (apartment can be considered, but max. 2nd level)
- 3 bedrooms
- Location: Distrito Nacional, south of John F. Kennedy preferred
- Budget: max. 26,000 DOP monthly

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Looking for the following, appreciated are any tips for real-estate broker or actual homes:

- 3 bedrooms

Suggest you look in Dairio Libre in the rental section but you may also have to lower your sights as to which neighborhood you live with that budget and probably assume unfurnished. Remember in SD you will probably need all the references and perhaps up to two months or more in advance plus guarantor. Dominican Today also has a good real estate rental section.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

- 3 bedrooms

You can go on-line and find a lot of info re: rentals. I would contact a real estate agent to guide you or go to their web-sites and look at their listings. Make a list of the places that interest you and then go and do a tour.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Suggest you look in Dairio Libre in the rental section but you may also have to lower your sights as to which neighborhood you live with that budget and probably assume unfurnished. Remember in SD you will probably need all the references and perhaps up to two months or more in advance plus guarantor. Dominican Today also has a good real estate rental section.
good Luck getting a guarantor its another scam for more money....

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Thanks, yes, this is already in process, and yes, it's also becoming clear that the budget, while it would allow to rent a house, apartment is easier to find. Apologies, I left unfurnished out of the list.

I'm aware of the guarantor factor, we lived once in the capital long time ago, and were able to find a nice home without any extra payments, but one house would have required 6 months rent in advance - we declined.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
26000 DOP for a house in DN? I doubt it.

When I was looking 2 years ago the cheapest was like 900 US$ for a house and it was small and old and ugly...

Ciudad Modelo yes (I've seen from 17000).

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
supercasas.com will give you general pricing but I doubt you will find anything decent in your budget.

Decent three bedroom in SD centro is probably going to be closer to $1,000 USD a month. Most will ask for a guarantor. Only way I found to get around this is paying four months rent in advance along with the usual two month security.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
26000 DOP for a house in DN? I doubt it.

When I was looking 2 years ago the cheapest was like 900 US$ for a house and it was small and old and ugly...

Ciudad Modelo yes (I've seen from 17000).

Yep - this is pretty much what I saw as well - before posting this thread. Hence posting it, to get a second opinion/tips etc. I've seen very nice apartments in lower levels within this budget, but finding a house is a different story.

Most will ask for a guarantor. Only way I found to get around this is paying four months rent in advance along with the usual two month security.

We managed to get around this once - due to the "encargado" being a very distant family member, but he works in a market that is not an option. Otherwise I agree - the guarantor can be an issue.

Thanks both!

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
go for the apartment with a doorman and cameras and you will be fine..and a parking space is a must