Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Financial Logistics/ Mail

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More Financial Logistics/ Mail

We have rented a villa in the Cabrera area. It has no formal mailing address. Why would it

Any US credit card or US bank account requires an address on file and we will not have an address.

All our stuff will be paperless and we will not miss junk mail AT ALL.

Any suggestions as to what to do about an address for a credit card or a bank account in the US.

One thought I had was a PO Box in the US and give access to a family member. Most credit cards that have been established will allow you to switch your address to a P.O. Box.

William Webster?

Thanks for any help.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are a U.S citizen definitely maintain a U.S address for countless reasons.

3. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    We have rented a villa in the Cabrera area. It has no formal mailing address. Why would it

Any US credit card or US bank account requires an address on file and we will not have an address.

All our stuff will be paperless and we will not miss junk mail AT ALL.

Any suggestions as to what to do about an address for a credit card or a bank account in the US.

One thought I had was a PO Box in the US and give access to a family member. Most credit cards that have been established will allow you to switch your address to a P.O. Box.

William Webster?

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by southern View Post
    If you are a U.S citizen definitely maintain a U.S address for countless reasons.
    How do you do that without a US Address?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    How do you do that without a US Address?
    Do what I did prior to moving to the DR: make a chance of address through the US Postal Service(you can do it online)to that of a friend you trust or relative you trust. Have then throw away junk mail and regularly contact them, or they contact you, if anything important arrives for you. Have them Fedex that to you. Works for me. Good luck.

6. Likes ljmesg, southern, Russell liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We keep a US address....and use the house there

Use a relative ...... you'll need this for your US drivers license, as well as banks.

Hard not to have that US connection if you intend to keep any contact.

8. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Use a friend or relative's house as your address or a mail forwarding service in Florida. We use ST. Brandan's in Florida and have a driver's lic as well as registered to vote using that address. So far no problems with banks and such.
    PM me for details if interested.

Bob K

10. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You have an address...everyone does. You just don't know it. Find out. Ask your neighbors. Ask your landlord. Edenorte knows it if there is an account for electricity. There are good reasons not to pretend to have a residence in the U.S., mostly related to state taxes...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my mother's address in Qu├ębec as my official address for my credit cards and bank accounts. When I order on Amazon, I have an account with CPS in Cabarete that delivers my packages at home in Sabaneta de Yasica. So just use the home address of a family member for credit cards bills and bank accounts statements.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sign up with a mail forwarding service in the US: they will give you a formally looking USA address and will forward your mail via courier at your request to anywhere in the world. There are even services that will open and scan every letter and let you read them online if you need that.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VJS View Post
    Sign up with a mail forwarding service in the US: they will give you a formally looking USA address and will forward your mail via courier at your request to anywhere in the world. There are even services that will open and scan every letter and let you read them online if you need that.
    There is no such thing that I can find on any mail forwarding service outside the US...USPS or otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast