Need Lawyer Urgently !!!!!!!

domreplover

Feb 18, 2002
I need a lawyer a soon as possible to help my dominican boyfriend with his proces of legalisation and visa-aply. He is now already waiting for 2 weeks for a acta de nacimiento, they (estado civil) can not find it !!! Need help urgent !!!
Any information is welcome !!!!!!

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Where was your boyfriend born? This is important because most of the legal work will be done at the Oficial?a (gov't registry) of the place of birth. Ask around for a good lawyer in that town or city.

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
Lawyers can't help your boyfriend to get ?american? visa. this is a proceed that he will have to do by himself. and proff the american consulate that he deserves a visa.
after he gets his Acta de Nacimiento (birth certificate), he will need to get a passport. when he get the passport he has to wait for 6 months before to apply for american visa.(it was like that years ago, i dont know if something has changed)

domreplover

Feb 18, 2002
Senor Guzman

My boyfriend was born in Luperon Puerto Plata, he had a acta de nacimiento but in this acta was the wrong name of his mother, so he needs a new one. The Estado Civil in his little town has to ask for a new one in Santo Domingo. He is already waiting for 2 weeks and they can not find it there !!!!!! Can I do something, I live in Holland

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If the mother's name was wrong on the birth certificate, what needs to be done is to correct or "rectify" ("rectificaci?n") the certificate by petitioning the local court. Once the local court does this, then it goes to the Junta Central Electoral in Santo Domingo who will order the local Oficial?a to issue a new corrected birth certificate. This could take some time depending on the backlog at the local court.